At what point do you try Henne? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At what point do you try Henne?

I have no problem with Pennington but by week 10 if we have no shot at a positive record we might as well get Henne some playing time. If we aren't going to win we should get Henne time in so he doesn't start fresh the following year.

No matter what the record is, you let Henne learn this season. You don't want to throw him out there with a losing record, and have him lose more games, and kill his confidence.

I'm no Pennington fan but he was one of our better players on the field today, does inspire confidence in our offensive players (for what that's worth) and despite his limitations as widely noted, I think can keep us competitive. I see no reason after one game, especially this game where we came within a jump ball of winning, to initiate any discussion about Henne coming in anytime this year. I've seen enough good things (despite my great disappointment with the OL), to still stand by my prediction of 7-9 with Pennington under center - which would be a realistic accomplishment based on where we are digging out from.

5poll5-1.jpg

I'm no Pennington fan but he was one of our better players on the field today, does inspire confidence in our offensive players (for what that's worth) and despite his limitations as widely noted, I think can keep us competitive. I see no reason after one game, especially this game where we came within a jump ball of winning, to initiate any discussion about Henne coming in anytime this year. I've seen enough good things (despite my great disappointment with the OL), to still stand by my prediction of 7-9 with Pennington under center - which would be a realistic accomplishment based on where we are digging out from.

5poll5-1.jpg

Did you have to check with your chick first before you wrote that?

They also played much crappier teams then the reloaded Jets. The Lions and Bengals are not nearly as good as the Favre led Jets are. Let's see how Matt Ryan does without a 200 yard rusher before we start thinking rookie QB's will be fine.

Hmm interesting we always make excuses when other qb's succeed. Atlanta is pretty crappy he did well for his first start and many people expect Detroit to be solid.

if we are really bad late in year give him some playing time. or if Pennington really stinks it up. I dont buy the sit the rookie and learn crap, it all depends on the qb and he has already beat out the more experienced Beck so I am confident he will only gain positives from playing.

Hmm interesting we always make excuses when other qb's succeed. Atlanta is pretty crappy he did well for his first start and many people expect Detroit to be solid.

No excuses. Historically, rookie QBs struggle, badly. Ryan did good today, we'll see how he does when the team game plans to stop their run, and makes him beat them with his arm......

sparano will obviously have a lotta pressure on him to start henne, the media are going to be all over his azz like they were on cam last year

the only reason they wouldn't is if chad wins us some games

Tony will just have to call Rocko and Moose to come and "take care" of the media

No excuses. Historically, rookie QBs struggle, badly. Ryan did good today, we'll see how he does when the team game plans to stop their run, and makes him beat them with his arm......

regardless he did well in his first game. Much better than our rookie qb did last year. I mean he did hit a 62 yard touchdown on the third play of the game.

regardless he did well in his first game. Much better than our rookie qb did last year. I mean he did hit a 62 yard touchdown on the third play of the game.

Yup, but the lions also had no clue what to expect from him, period. They didn't gameplan him specifically because they had no tapes. Next wek, whomever they play will have some film on him, and will be dedicated to shutting down his run. That'll be a better testament to how good he is......

if we are really bad late in year give him some playing time. or if Pennington really stinks it up. I dont buy the sit the rookie and learn crap, it all depends on the qb and he has already beat out the more experienced Beck so I am confident he will only gain positives from playing.

Pathetic reasoning. You have the patience of a two-year-old. Rookie QB's are always bad unless they are:

a) Playing against a bad team (the Lions).

b) Playing ON a great team (Big Ben, Marino).

Get it through your head. Pro football is more complicated than Madden. Rookie QB's struggle. Perhaps you ENJOY throwing our rookie QBs out there to the wolves, watching them get eaten, and then proclaiming them to be busts, but Henne isn't ready to play this year. For all the goddamn hype, he wouldn't wouldn't be that much better than Beck was last year. Show some maturity.

not even going to read the thread posted after the title even if you claim to be a CP fan or claim to be a Henne was good in the preseason bandwagon kid. Good luck with your glass half empty ignorance I want no part of. Pessimism is a female dog and this thread you started reeks of it so enjoy your own self wallowing in the dolphins doing better than you Jet's fan 'donkeys' will like. Henne will start if and when it is the right time, not because we lose the first game and you will predeict we will lose the next 10 based on that and a 'fan' like you thinks we have lost the entire season and it is time to give in already. Even though we lost, this was a win in my mind. 747 posts and this is your support? Riiiight.

why cant people spell lose properly? its like grade 3 grammar. as to your ridiculous and all too predictable thread, why would we start Henne week 4 against one of the better defenses in the NFL? WE ARE REBUILDING!!!!!!!!! wtf is wrong with people?

Maybe the same reason people refuse to use capital letters where they are supposed to beused, and use multiple exclamation points after already stressing a statement with all capital letters. :tongue:

Just bustin on ya a little bit :wink:

While I was at the game, there were these young kids yelling "Put in Henne". I just dismissed it as kids being kids, but then people much older are saying the same thing.

OK, read all the way through before assuming I'm just blasting Pennington.

If we loose a couple of the next games, which if your realistic I think you have to consider is a real possibility. Arizona looked pretty good today and even without Brady you have to figure the Pats are favorites over the Fins...that leads to San Diego. Do you weigh in Henne's big arm as a now must have for a team that can't spare another game?

Henne looked real good in the preseason so why not?

I know Henne is young and can't be expected to save the season but hey two teams that looked worse 24 hours ago than the Dolphins are 1-0 and both have rookie QB's.

I know it's customary to say "BP does'nt play rookies", but that isn't true, he has drafted one rookie QB to be his guy and that guy started his rookie year, Henne would be his second.

Depends on the record. If the Phins are 2-8, maybe you play Henne. If they have a shot at .500, Pennington is the guy

Back
Top Bottom