At what point today did you know it was over...? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At what point today did you know it was over...?

On our 1st drive, when Philbin elected to kick field goal instead of going for it on 4th down after three straight run plays.

When Philbin elected to kick the field goal on 4th and inches as opposed to trying to go for it.

Gibson drop, the only games we win are when we get up big on them. we are front runners like the SD game, we can't beat good teams in close games. seems we were better last year beating Pitt, NE etc in close games. 17-0 would've changed the complexion of the game, just like the Denver game giving them life before half was killer

First drive of the 3rd quarter. When they gave up that 98 yard drive right before halftime and came out and did squat I knew it was over.

Why does a 10 pt lead seem like nothing when Miami is up by 10 but seems insurmountable when Miami is down 10?

First got worried on the Gibson drop, because we had a chance to put a stake through their hearts and were leaving the door open. When they went on the 97-yard drive and we didn't answer to start the second half, I pretty much knew we were toast, and when they got the fourth down and took the lead, I was certain.

So as we all know too well, there comes a point in a Miami Dolphin's game when we know it's over (even though there is a lot more game to play) When did you realize today, "nope" it's over?
For me it was when we came out in the third quarter flat, although there were hints of our defense mailing it in in the second quarter. When did you KNOW IT WAS OVER?

When Lazor stopped running the ball and "illegal man downfield" was called the second time when it was real phantom-like. as noted by steve tasker.

The first inelligable man down field penalty. Huge chunk play that the penalty seemed to suck the wind out of the offense.

When I saw the Dolphins labor to get the ball down the field while the Ravens got chunks of yardage consistently.

I never had us winning this game - we had lost the last 4 to the Ravens and the 5 game we did win was in 2007 in OT with Greg Camarillo scoring on a Cleo Lemon 64 yard TD pass and run.. I predicted a 27-20 loss.. so it was actually worse than I initially thought.. we cannot match these tougher more physical sides and besides, despite it being a divisional rival we had really struggled against the Jets, and that told me all I needed to know about this game ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom