Atlanta's offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta's offense

RedRoth

Scout Team
Reaction score
Their offense looked pretty good in that preseason game..they have a lot of weapons..Turner, White, Gonzalez...its gonna be a tough game. I hope that our defense holds up

I liked our defense, 12 yards total against Jacksonville. Atlanta is obviously better that Jville but we looked pretty good too.

Offensive Line

What I noticed about Atlanta was their offensive line of unknowns.....but they are a bunch of road graders. Unlike our line thus far, these guys open up some hole and running lanes and physical. Let's hope our D-line can be as physical and swarm to the ball when we match up with these guys.:err:

Atlanta looked pretty good with Ryan, Turner, Gonzalez and R. White. I think we'll be ok though. We'll need to put some serious pressure on Ryan and contain Turner and their ground game.

i'm not worried about our front seven at all, especially if Roth is in there against the run.

Atlanta looked pretty good with Ryan, Turner, Gonzalez and R. White. I think we'll be ok though. We'll need to put some serious pressure on Ryan and contain Turner and their ground game.

Agreed. Ryan and Co. can be a lethal offense, but in reality, I think much of their success hinges on the running game. Ryan HAS proved more than once he can beat a team when Turner is not having a great game, but given his relative inexperience at the position (one year does not make you a veteran) if Miami can hold strong at the point of attack against Atlanta's ground game, I think they can put a lot of pressure on Ryan. Forcing Ryan into early throws and disrupting his rhythm will greatly increase Miami's chances of winning. I still like Miami's offense matched up against Atlanta's defense though. I do believe if it came down to a shootout, Miami has more talent/quality on defense than Atlanta to make the stops when it counts.

i'm not worried about our front seven at all, especially if Roth is in there against the run.

thats becoming less and less of a possibility as time goes by. noone really knows how serious his injury is but if i had to guess, i see JT starting and roth on injury list. i hope not though, we need all the run stopping support we can.

People need to start paying more attention to Jenkins. He is a very good #2 WR who has some real talent.

And they said they will give Norwood the ball more this year. He has averaged close to 6 yards per carry over the last 3 seasons. He is an incredibly quick and very gifted back.

That offense scares the crap out of me. I hope it's not like the Arizona game when we went there for their home opener. Arizona's offense lit us up early, and their crowd got their defense pumped to finish us off.

The Dolphins offense will need a couple of long time consuming drives in that game to keep the crowd quiet, and to keep Atlanta's offense off of the field in the first half. We also need to force a couple mistakes early in that game against Atlanta's offense for us to even have a chance imo.

What I noticed about Atlanta was their offensive line of unknowns.....but they are a bunch of road graders. Unlike our line thus far, these guys open up some hole and running lanes and physical. Let's hope our D-line can be as physical and swarm to the ball when we match up with these guys.:err:

Harvey Dahl, their RG, might be the most underrated in the NFL - very solid player and nasty to boot.

I am terrified that our secondary will be shredded. We need to get Ryan well aquainted with that nice fluffy astro turf. I am somewhat confident that we can run the ball consistantly, and if we do that and control the clock, and avoid turnovers, we win. Then again, the same can be said for any game.

People need to start paying more attention to Jenkins. He is a very good #2 WR who has some real talent.

And they said they will give Norwood the ball more this year. He has averaged close to 6 yards per carry over the last 3 seasons. He is an incredibly quick and very gifted back.

That offense scares the crap out of me. I hope it's not like the Arizona game when we went there for their home opener. Arizona's offense lit us up early, and their crowd got their defense pumped to finish us off.

The Dolphins offense will need a couple of long time consuming drives in that game to keep the crowd quiet, and to keep Atlanta's offense off of the field in the first half. We also need to force a couple mistakes early in that game against Atlanta's offense for us to even have a chance imo.

Norwood reminds me a bit of a Leon Washington-type player. I havn't followed him closely, but to me he seems like the kind of player who isn't an every-down back, but give him the ball sparingly and he could hit the homerun on any given play. He's a good compliment to Turner's physical running style.

I don't believe Miami, IF they lose, will have suffered from a similar fate as in Arizona last year. I think the defense is def. improved and the offense will probably be in much better rhythm than this time one year ago. Atlanta has a very dangerous offense as you mentioned, and I think Miami's keys to the game are:
(1) Limit the big play
(2) Ball control / limited turnovers
(3) Stop the run and force Ryan to beat you... I'd rather take my chances against Ryan than have Turner gash us for 150+ yards and multiple scores

Atlanta's offensive line threw the Rams defensive line around like they were rag dolls.

It got to the point where it was just funny to watch how their O-line threw them around like feathers on just about every play in the 1st quarter. Atlanta will kill this year on offense.

This may be a very disappointing start to our season. But Atlanta is looking mighty fine and might be one of the toughest teams matchup-wise we play all year.

I've been trying to be skeptical of Ryan's play, but now I just have to tip my cap. That guy will always give the Falcon's a chance at chasing a championship.

At all of this bemoaning resulting from rumors that Parcells wants to leave, all I can is who cares? On his watch they screw up by not taking Ryan and decide to go on Qb's in the second round on back to back drafts. Convenient excuses for Parcells to target his exit strategy by pinning annoyances towards Ross. Truth is, had Pennington not fallen into our laps, things wouldn't have looked or may not look so great for us.

Next year if Pennington goes down and our backups show their youth, many will wish that Ryan had been selected over Long. I for one will be one of them and I thought the regime had it right all the time.

Back
Top Bottom