Atogue still out there, dolphins still waiting? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atogue still out there, dolphins still waiting?

he'll have to, cuz nobody wants himat that price, by what i know and what im hearing that's exactly what we're doing

pixel-1.gif
Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune confirms that the Vikings are not in pursuit of free agent O.J. Atogwe.
The bidding for Atogwe has come to a screeching halt, which makes us wonder whether his recovery from reconstructive shoulder surgery has hit a snag, or perhaps even if he's facing some sort of league discipline. This is Atogwe's first Rotoworld post in the last five days. Of course, it could also be that Atogwe's price tag is exorbitant. St. Louis remains his most likely suitor.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&leaguenum=&id=3283

I really think he goes back to St. Louis, I think they will work it out.

I'd really like to get him, but I understand waiting this one out. It's unfortunately become a poker game. St.Louis wants to re-sign him, but not at the price he's asking. However, they need to be careful about going too low, as someone else can come in and out-bid them and they lose. If we are serious about him, then we need to figure out what the number is and go get him when it gets to that point. However, I'm sure St.Louis is going to drag this on as long and as quiet as possible so as time goes on, the less interest by teams to bring in a new player late into camp will be. I think once we get near or into the start of camp, we should just go make a huge push to get him and then if it happens, it happens. If not, then move on.

O.J. Atogwe sounds good but lets face it many of these high price free agents have had less than stellar returns. Either they have continued to have injury issues in the case of Smiley and Grove or in Wilsons, Tobor and Wilfords case have not worked out for the money they cost. While I do believe that Atogwe would work out in terms of talent on the field I think he very well could fit into the Smilty/ Grove catagory with the injury bug with that bum shoulder and hernia.

I'm tellin' ya. The truth about this will come out in the next few months and I bet dollars to doughnuts Miami is happy they didn't end up signing this guy.

I read a tweet from ESPN Insider that the Otogwe bidding should start soon. Sounds as if his price has finally dropped. Still, I think he re-signs with the Rams.

Antoine Bethea just signed the $7 million per year deal that Atogwe wants. I think that deal would only encourage him to stick to his price figure.

He can stick with his price all he wants, but he might not get it................

Time should be an indication that he is not going to get that money. As badly as the Cowboys need an FS and have been silent this off season, they have not even sniffed in his direction. The Bears as well. Whoever is giving him advice needs to make him realize that he won't get the money he wants. The looming lockout is being unkind to RFA's and players looking for extensions on their contracts (Revis).

Back
Top Bottom