Atogue still out there, dolphins still waiting? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atogue still out there, dolphins still waiting?

I don't think so. The feeling I get is people will be generally OK with it. Some will be really excited. Some will be sad that we don't get to find out what Chris Clemons has. The higher the contract value, the worse the general opinion will be.

And I'm guessing that his medical overhangs are pretty significant for the league to so resoundingly reject his demands for virtually the same contract that Antoine Bethea just signed.

I think the headline is more like ....

Atogue still out there, Atogue still waiting!!

We don't need a Gibril Wilson, part II. I think Otegwe is better then Wilson but he is not worth the money he
is demanding so I say let him twist in the wind until he comes down from his demands.

Source: Atogwe targets Seahawks

"
St. Louis Rams safety Oshiomogho Atogwe, one of the top available free agents, plans to visit Seattle next week, according to a league source.
A team source, however, said the Seahawks might not be interested in Atogwe.
The one team that has made the hardest push to sign Atogwe is St. Louis, which would like to keep him. Atogwe was the Rams' franchise player last season.
Atogwe has made no free-agent visits since becoming a free agent more than two weeks ago. A shoulder injury landed him on injured reserve in 2009. He also underwent hernia surgery.
Despite playing a shortened season, Atogwe had 74 tackles, three forced fumbles, two interceptions and a sack in 12 games. Atogwe, who will turn 29 years old this month, has 19 interceptions in his five-year NFL career."

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5294725

Am I the only one that would love to sign this guy?

Seahawks shoot down Atogwe visit

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 16, 2010 9:17 PM ET
O.J. Atogwe may plan to visit Seattle next week, but the Seahawks don't sound that interested in meeting him while he's there.

ESPN's Mike Sando reports via a team source that no visit is planned from Seattle's end. What we have here appears to be a failure from Atogwe's camp to drum up interest for the safety. (Not to mention some ESPN-on-ESPN crime.)

All along, the Rams have pushed the hardest of any team to sign Atogwe. But he's needed another team in the mix to help raise his price tag. Apparently, he floated the wrong team publicly.

Atogwe is like the girl at the party that even when she gets hit on, guys deny it afterward.

Haha true.

I know this is off-topic, but can you tell me your thoughts on Chad Henne ck? I haven't seen a thread or collection of posts where you discuss the positive and negative traits that Henne has.

What I see is that Henne needs to fix the flat trajectory of his throws, especially on the long ball. He needs to trim some of his weight because it will give him some ability to scramble around more. He has a little bit of speed(evident in the Buffalo and Jacksonville game). He needs to learn to move side to side in the pocket as he seems to only use the step up move now when the pocket collapses. Those are some of things I worry about him, but they are not a lot.

Honestly the biggest problem I saw was what you talked about with his mobility in the pocket. He needs to be lighter on his toes, I would just like to see him be able to breathe back there a little easier, be more athletic. I talked about that a lot mid-season, that this is a kid that is only what like 25 years old or something? And he moves like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady do now, in their 30's. He's young and he's no Peyton or Tom when it comes to ball placement, reading defenses and checking into play calls, and so what he needs to do is use his youth to his advantage. I read that he's dropping weight. From what little I've seen of him in mini camps, his drops look quick, he looks as quick with his body in the pocket as Tyler Thigpen and at times I swear he looked even a little quicker. He doesn't have Thigpen's straight line speed, never will, but I was encouraged.

His problems aside from that, which I view to be the lowest hanging fruit, are pretty well publicized by now. There's no secret in it, not that I'm seeing. He really did rifle his checkdowns at times when he needed to show a lot more touch. If I remember correctly his ball placement tends to be high and right throwing to his right, low and left throwing to his left. I don't really have a problem with his long trajectory. There's just an awareness issue that he needs to clean up, that you hope will come with experience. Read the safety. Look him off once in a while. Know where you have trailing coverage that could come into your passing lane.

It will be interesting to see what he does this year with Brandon Marshall in the fold. I happen to think that the Miami WRs are going to go from a big weakness to a big strength. They'll rotate the three guys opposite Marshall. But if Henne doesn't fix his feet then it won't matter because Henning won't be able to protect him if the offense is trying to rely on 3-WR formations more often than 2-TE formations. Henning has been using his 2-TE formations as a staple in order to protect the QB.

Honestly the biggest problem I saw was what you talked about with his mobility in the pocket. He needs to be lighter on his toes, I would just like to see him be able to breathe back there a little easier, be more athletic.
Good & accurate assessment!!

Henne may be great & probably our future (I'm a wait/see guy, more than speculation) ... BUT ...

I jokingly (with love) called him Franken-Henne last year from the way he moved (also the troglodyte look from his scrunched face in the too-small helmet.)

I think Henne's progression is THE BIG STORY of our season, and his play will swing our Wins +/- 20% - 30%. If Henne is Game-On with his accuracy, touch passes, quick reads/decisions, footwork, etc ... Henne can rip a Defense to shreds with our O-Tools!!

Can't believe there are 1000's of Rinky-Dink threads & HENNE-The-Story-Of-The-Season has gone unnoticed ... other than arguing if he'll do better than Sanchize, he's the Franchise QB, etc.

Can't wait to see Henne in the first couple games for a Look-See. PreSeason will be vanilla & won't show much. The FO is mum, just saying he's made good progress .... yeah, same as they say for everyone!!

Go Phins!! Shred 'em Henne!!

Although I would love for him to come to Miami, I think we can put the Atogwe talk to rest. If he were truly healthy and interested in playing the F/A market, he would have done at least some of that by now. To only have "floated" a rumor or two that teams might be interested in order to drive up the price with the Rams . . . . . that just screams one of two things. Either he has no intentions of leaving the Rams and he's just trying to get the most $$$ he can, or he has other issues (injuries) which are scaring away teams and not getting the Rams to budge on contract offers. Either way, it means he's not coming here, so I think we can move on past this subject.

Back
Top Bottom