Attention All Idiots: Make Your Way Back Into The Woodworks IMMEDIATELY! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention All Idiots: Make Your Way Back Into The Woodworks IMMEDIATELY!

dahlmarino said:
Why is it that every time we lose, we get these morons making their way out of the woodworks to tell us all EXACTLY what should be done to right the situation? Because apparently, there was only ONE thing that we did wrong, and YOU were the one who knew it all along! My god! It's like listening to a bunch of parrots trained to talk by short bus passengers!

"Fire Saban!"
"Fire Mularkey!"
"Replace the quarterback!"
"Replace his back-up!"
"I want a cracker!"
"Crucify the offensive line!"
"We should have drafted a poodle!"
"I wanna be GM!"

Look. If you want to be mad about the 1-6 start, go ahead and be mad about it. I was pretty frustrated watching it unfold, too! If you want to be upset about today's game, go ahead and do that, too! I hate losing to the Bills and I absolutely can't stand watching the team perform so badly. But for the love of god JUST STOP acting like some football guru who knows more about the team than the guys who are actually RUNNING THE TEAM! If Wayne Huizenga folded to every single demand made by some posters on this site every time we'd have a bad game, I can tell you EXACTLY what we would have: A team that has been "rebuilding" for generations, a squad that has absolutley NO continuity or chemistry because we would always be in transition from one coach to another (plus we'd be constantly replacing our starters at key positions before they could really make any impact), and, eventually, an owner who just didnt care WHAT the team did as long as it generated a profit. That's right, we would be the proud fans of the DETROIT LIONS, people! We would be the Cardinals, or the Raiders, or any other franchise that is a perrennial bottom-feeder because they're always looking for the "quick fix" to turn things around.

Just yesterday in these forums, we had an amazing team that could still make the playoffs, could take down the best teams in the league and was nearly unstoppable. The week before that we were in disarray and all was shot to hell in a hand basket. The week before that it was inevitable that we were going to win 9 straight, make the playoffs and be this year's Pittsburg Steelers! Honestly, do ANY of you nay-saying posters remember anything that happened more than 6 days prior to the now?!?

I have absolutley no problem with optimism when things are going right and criticism when things aren't, but it absolutely disgusts me to see this bandwagon mass exodus every single time we lose or play poorly. Especially when it continuously comes from idiots who run their mouths off about how doomed this franchise is as soon as something goes wrong.

Yes, we are out of the playoffs this year. But that doesnt mean we need to make these drastic changes! Joey had a bad game, and he is NOT the "savior of the franchise". I'd still take him over most back-ups in the NFL right now. Daunte is on IR and is officially done for the year. That doesn't make him a bust. Our playcalling was not good this game, so apparently we need to fire our offensive coordinator again. Everyone has this simple solution that would apparently solve all our problems, but nobody thinks about the steps we'd be taking BACKWARDS from the progress we've made!

How about we let the guys like Saban, Mularkey and the guys on the roster and payroll who have actually played and coached football at a higher level than 99% of the posters here ever will DO THEIR JOBS, and stop acting like we have all the answers! How about we actually THINK ABOUT these solutions we have and what impact they would REALLY have on the franchise before just spewing them out like vomit! Some of us actually like reading well thought-out arguments for or against a move our team made, and are sick of having to dig through mind-numbing layers of people saying things on impulse and putting absolutely NO THOUGHT into it.

So all you idiots who only come out of your hiding places when we lose, do us all a favor and just stay there next time, OK? If you can't manage that, then just get off the bandwagon. I hear the Cardinals are accepting applications.

:D

DirkDiggler said:
Where are the "Woodworks" and why do I have to go there?

I've got the perfect response to this, but I can't make it (off color).

dahlmarino said:
Why is it that every time we lose, we get these morons making their way out of the woodworks to tell us all EXACTLY what should be done to right the situation? Because apparently, there was only ONE thing that we did wrong, and YOU were the one who knew it all along! My god! It's like listening to a bunch of parrots trained to talk by short bus passengers!

What would you like to discuss instead, your favorite color? It's a forum, guy. You share opinions, discuss, debate, vent, trash, joke, etc. But I'm sorry, how selfish of me, let's do all the things that YOU want to do.

late again said:
As true as that statement is I don't believe that it applies to Huizenga. If this was the case wouldn't we still have Wanny as HC? He only stepped down because he knew he was going to be gone. I mean c'mon Wayne went after the guy that was the "next big thing" and threw enough money and power at him to make sure he would take the job.

No, I fully believe that Huizenga would have stuck with Wannstedt if he hadn't stepped down voluntarily.

cnc66 said:
I'm wondering if the thread creator had you in mind when he titled it.

It's possible. People who are bitter about the Fins losing often lash out blindly and without intelligent intention at the messengers who tell them the unvarnished truth.

fishypete said:
This thread should be terminated.

I think this thread should be "stickied" and be required reading for anybody that goes near the "new post" button.

Section126 said:
You know that is BS.

How would I know that? Did Huizenga give ANY indication that he was about to fire Wanny? Got a link to any statement he made about a change at head coach?

Some of you guys have brought up how we haven't won anything in 30+ years. And that would technically make us rebuilders for that time through now. I guess you are right in a way. But we have won a ton of football games over that time. We have one of the, if not the highest, winning percentage of any team in the league since the merger.

You can probably give a lot of credit to that to Mr. Marino. I don't we ever had the most talented teams during any point in his career. Even in 84 when we went to the Super Bowl, the 9ers were a better overall team.

But its not like we have been the Lions or the Cardinals over that period of time. It kind of feels like we have been those teams lately. But in a way we are lucky. Because unlike the Lions and Cardinals, our team wins more often than not. And even though we have come up short in the past 30+ years, we have gotten a lot closer than those teams. And I'm sure its been more fun for us than it has been for them.

Rick 1966 said:
How would I know that? Did Huizenga give ANY indication that he was about to fire Wanny? Got a link to any statement he made about a change at head coach?

Huizenga forced out DON Friggin SHULA and you don't think he forced out Wanny?

dplunk said:
even though we have come up short in the past 30+ years, we have gotten a lot closer than those teams.

Closer than the Cardinals / Lions?? Woop dee-doo-doo!!!....:rolleyes:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

This thread makes me a:

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom