Attn Armchair Generals - Time to commit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attn Armchair Generals - Time to commit

It's the day before training camp. A fresh sheet of paper. Time for you people to make some predictions.

No explanations, no excuses, one answer per question. Let's hear it.

Predictions:

1) Regular season record

2) Starting QB on the last day of regular season

3) ONE player with the biggest breakout season

4) Top performing rookie by season end

5) Defense ranking at regular season end

6) Offense ranking at regular season end

HAVE AT IT!

My predictions:
1) 10-6
2) David Garrard
3) Jared Odrick
4) Jonathan Martin
5) 6th in NFL
6) 13th in NFL

1. 9-7
2. Garrard
3. Hartline...hell any of the receivers for that matter.
4. Olivier Vernon
5. 9th in defense.
6. 18th in offense.

1) Regular season record; 8-8

2) Starting QB on the last day of regular season; Ryan Tannehill

3) ONE player with the biggest breakout season; Jared Odrick

4) Top performing rookie by season end; Michael Egnew

5) Defense ranking at regular season end; 11th

6) Offense ranking at regular season end; 22nd

16-0
garrard
everybody were gonna have 25 pro bowlers including special teams
vernon he will have 32 sacks along side wake who will have 64 wit a avg of 4 a game
and super bowl champions

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

damn right im a fan

1. 6-10
2. Ryan Tannehill
3. Paul Soliai (puts up big numbers as a 4-3 Dlineman, yes i realize he broke out as a 3-4 NT, but this is different)
4. Oliver Vernon
5. 17th Defense
6. 26th Offense

Predictions:

1) Regular season record

2) Starting QB on the last day of regular season

3) ONE player with the biggest breakout season

4) Top performing rookie by season end

5) Defense ranking at regular season end

6) Offense ranking at regular season end

HAVE AT IT!

1) 6-10
2) Ryan Tannehill
3) Vontae Davis
4) Michael Egnew
5) 14th in NFL
6) 24th in NFL

Edit: whoops, misread question 2, thought it was "start" of the season not the end.

1) 9-7 but lucky to get wildcard
2) Matt Moore
3) Davone Bess
4) Lamar Miller
5) 9th
6) 15th

1. 10-6

2. Ryan Tannehill

3. Jared Odrick

4. Olivier Vernon

5. 8th

6. 11th

Predictions:

1) Regular season record : I think we'll be flirting with the playoffs and squeeze in if we are very lucky. 9-7

2) Starting QB on the last day of regular season : Garrard has the tools and appears healthy at this point. I really like Matt Moore but I don't think he can beat DG out for this kind of offense.

3) ONE player with the biggest breakout season : Reggie Bush. RB was not properly plugged into our offense for the first half of last season. In Sherman's offense, I think he'll improve both his running and catching yards by at least a 3rd this year.

4) Top performing rookie by season end : Martin, Jonathan. He's a good fit for this line and will likely be a substantial improvement over what we've had at right guard recently, even in his first year. This could have a big impact on both our running and passing game.

5) Defense ranking at regular season end : top 10. Several of our players are close to having breakout seasons on defense. Smith, Davis will begin to play like adults and our linebackers will be solid. Defensive line will begin to mold into a more dominating unit with Odric showing the flashes of excellence he nade last year a lot more often. Safety is still a big question , but hoping for the best (if we get solid play from them, then we may make top 5 D).

6) Offense ranking at regular season end : I think just having the WCO implemented will get us a top 15 offense, although we don't likely have the ideal tools for it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.) 9-7 record

2.) Matt Moore is the starter at season's end

3.) Roberto Wallace for breakout season

4.) Oliver Vernon as the top performing rookie

5.) 7th in Defense

6.) 15th in offense

1.6-10 (Probably should expect for a slow start with all the new coaches and offense and defense)
2. Moore (Gerard will get hurt before end of season RT not ready yet)
3.D Bess (Hartline has a hurt Pee Pee, C. J. is probably out of gas which leaves last years forgotten but very reliable D. Bess to thrive)
4. Oliver Vernon (Torn on this one as this kid is green and I believe he may be injury prone but there is need and lots of opportunity on the other side of Wake so this creates a area that someone could really shine)
5. Defense 12th (Hoping for better and with the returing players from last year that help but new coach, new sytle of defense and just where is (safty) net in the backfield?)
6. Offense 21st (Orginally was thiniking the running game could really help us out, I to not trust Bushs health after his break out year, Daniel Thomas ability to run it up there between the tackles and the rookie Miller has bad shoulder or two already and had not played in a NFL game yet. So this offense really relies on our QB's which I like but until we know the state of the offensive line first, recievers second and running backs 3rd we certainly have many more answers and question which is not a good place to be.)

My predictions:
1) 9-7
2) David Garrard
3) Jared Odrick
4) Jonathan Martin
5) 12 in the NFL
6) 16 in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom