Attn. Tampa Fins Fans!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attn. Tampa Fins Fans!!!!

TheMageGandalf

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Guys, to my dismay...The OCT. 9th game agaisnt the Bills wont be on TV in Tampa according to the TV Guide on the CBS channel here.

I am doing this early to try and see if we can somehow get them to change the scheduled program of...

THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (Movie)...heres the link to the station: http://www.tampabays10.com/schedule/index.asp

to the Fins game against the Bills...We've got what now two weeks to try and get the change...

This is the phone # to the TV station (727)577-1010

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE call and complain to the program director, even if you live here in Tampa or somewhere else and have Direct TV or whatever means to see it so that we can hopefully get a shot at the game. I know its a long shot guys...but "Little Shop of Horrors" OR the Fins game...PLEASE CALL...thanks!

TheMageGandalf said:
Guys, to my dismay...The OCT. 9th game agaisnt the Bills wont be on TV in Tampa according to the TV Guide on the CBS channel here.

I am doing this early to try and see if we can somehow get them to change the scheduled program of...

THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (Movie)...heres the link to the station: http://www.tampabays10.com/schedule/index.asp

to the Fins game against the Bills...We've got what now two weeks to try and get the change...

This is the phone # to the TV station (727)577-1010

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE call and complain to the program director, even if you live here in Tampa or somewhere else and have Direct TV or whatever means to see it so that we can hopefully get a shot at the game. I know its a long shot but guys...but Little Shop of Horrors or the Fins game...PLEASE CALL...thanks!

You more than likely are dealing with something a little more complicated than just public support for Phin programming. The NFL and the network have rules addressing what games can be televised in which areas in the country. Do the Bucs have a game being televised at 1PM? If so, aren't the networks not allowed to air a competing NFL telecast during a home teams telecast in it's own market?

Trekbiz said:
You more than likely are dealing with something a little more complicated than just public support for Phin programming. The NFL and the network have rules addressing what games can be televised in which areas in the country. Do the Bucs have a game being televised at 1PM? If so, aren't the networks not allowed to air a competing NFL telecast during a home teams telecast in it's own market?

The Bucs play at 1pm against the Jets in NY.

When the Bucs played at 1pm WEEK 1 at Minnesota they played the Fins vs. Denver here.

So I dont see any problems if they did it in Week 1. Had the Bucs played here at home, ok fine, but that's not the case.

not true, fins games on cbs can have a fox game on as well.

up here in patsies lands, they only allow the pats to play and block the other channel.

I always call. Figure ANYONE can check email, but getting the sports department and leaving messages there on the phone sounds like a more effective option.

the little shop of horrors. enjoy it.we do! (you must get tampa bay's 10 to understand that)

Now I dont know about Tampa but here in St.Petersburg there playing the bills game. In the St.Petersburg Times there was this thing that showed all the games that would be on throughout the season, and there were only like 4 games not being showed so I dont know, maybe your tv is wrong.

You know, I find it really hard to feel so strongly about this because I found a bar right next to my apartment that has great jamaican jerk wings and a lot of TVs that are placed pretty close to where you can sit and watch them, and they were very nice and accomodating with me wanting to watch the Dolphins game. I had a great time. The place is called Kahuna's on Gandy Blvd in north St. Pete area just south of the Gandy bridge.

I had gone to Courtside Grille which is even closer to me, on Ulmerton Blvd just south of the Howard-Frankland, and their TVs were tiny and are like 15 feet high so you can't hardly see any of it. They had the Dolphins game on ONE tv, one of their smallest ones, and I swear they were going to try and sit me about 50 feet away from the TV for me to watch it. Meanwhile there were tons of the big TVs that were closer to the ground, with nobody watching it and they wouldn't accomodate me and put the Phins game on a closer tv. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen or heard of.

Thankfully I had a great experience at Kahuna's because I walked right out of that joint after watching our first scoring drive TICKED OFF to no end.

KPDolfan424 said:
Now I dont know about Tampa but here in St.Petersburg there playing the bills game. In the St.Petersburg Times there was this thing that showed all the games that would be on throughout the season, and there were only like 4 games not being showed so I dont know, maybe your tv is wrong.

Really? That would be odd, St. Petersburg brighthouse has the game but Tampa doesn't? Weird. I will have to check.

CK, that's great for you, but I work on Sunday's.. I do have a TV to watch, but of course I only get what the local fox and cbs stations show.. but oh well, I have tickets to the Bucs - Dolphins game and the Dolphins - Chiefs game which are in back to back weeks so I guess I shouldn't get too down....

ckparrothead said:
You know, I find it really hard to feel so strongly about this because I found a bar right next to my apartment that has great jamaican jerk wings and a lot of TVs that are placed pretty close to where you can sit and watch them, and they were very nice and accomodating with me wanting to watch the Dolphins game. I had a great time. The place is called Kahuna's on Gandy Blvd in north St. Pete area just south of the Gandy bridge.

I had gone to Courtside Grille which is even closer to me, on Ulmerton Blvd just south of the Howard-Frankland, and their TVs were tiny and are like 15 feet high so you can't hardly see any of it. They had the Dolphins game on ONE tv, one of their smallest ones, and I swear they were going to try and sit me about 50 feet away from the TV for me to watch it. Meanwhile there were tons of the big TVs that were closer to the ground, with nobody watching it and they wouldn't accomodate me and put the Phins game on a closer tv. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen or heard of.

Thankfully I had a great experience at Kahuna's because I walked right out of that joint after watching our first scoring drive TICKED OFF to no end.

Big Kahunas, great quesdillas:D

Back
Top Bottom