Auburn HC Tommy Tubberville on ESPN Radio | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auburn HC Tommy Tubberville on ESPN Radio

phinz_fan said:
Players play, coaches coach, and fans watch the game.

Saban knows a heck of a lot more about football than any of us do - let's get behind his solid pick of Ronnie Brown!

Sorry I dont accept that everything Saban does is right.

canesfins13 said:
I think drafting Edwards would have allowed us to be more creative and likely get a trade done after the fact as more teams wanted Edwards.

Canefins13 you're entitled to your opinion, But Brown gives you exactly what you're saying here, he's a RB that fills a need for us, but he can also play slot and give a D problems, think about a LB or S trying to stay with him. Since we're playing Lineham's O, and not the one from last year, Brown can be used in a number of ways in this wide open O. He gives us the verstility that you're talking about, we got a RB and receiver in one. Think about it. Gruden said this guy had the best hands of anybody, to include the WR's at the combine, he's faster than Edwards...and have you seen the Browns trade edwards for more picks? All 3 RB's were taken in the first 5 picks...all high, all wanted. And they are gone for a reason, they were really good in college..actually they were more known that the QB's hyped at the top. That should also tell you something. The best were 3rb's, 1wr, and maybe, and I have my doubts a QB named Smith.

canesfins13 said:
Sorry I dont accept that everything Saban does is right.

I don't blame you for that either. However I can blame you for making blantantly wrong statements about Brown that only the uninformed make.

Look, only one thing is going to win this guy over and that's fine. When Ronnie gets on the Field and does his thing, we'll all be proud and satisfied with this pick. No one is mentioning another big key with Brown, Fumbles/Turnovers, his turnover ratio was the best among RB's that touched the ball a certain number of times in college football last year. This guy is going to be a PLAYER!!!!! And you're right, we got a RB/WR all in one.

Back
Top Bottom