Auburn HC Tommy Tubberville on ESPN Radio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auburn HC Tommy Tubberville on ESPN Radio

canesfins13 said:
You Fins fans here are morons, Saban is not god guys, and not everyone thinks that Brown is the best player in the world.

For the moment Wayne Hueizega has made Saban God, which is why he is last word on all decisions and not you.. And who do you believe would be a better fit for are team right now... GreenMonster

I think drafting Edwards would have allowed us to be more creative and likely get a trade done after the fact as more teams wanted Edwards.

I don't know what crawled up your butt...

canesfins13 said:
Of course he picks who he wants, doesn't mean that my opinion doesnt matter. Saban is not god and Saban is not perfect. He has not won a single game in the NFL and has brought in a bunch of no bodys in free agency. He picked a back up RB at #2. He needs to win before I anoint him, he is capabale of mistake.

However, Ronnie certainly isn't a back up running back. We run a 2-back offense at Auburn. Both Brown and Caddi started and played on the field at the same time. Who exactly is the better pick since Brown is so bad?

FiN.in.RI said:
That's why you aren't GM.

This is such a stupid statement being thrown around all day, like you are a GM. Give me a break, Saban can make mistakes and be wrong, remember this is a college coach who hasnt won an NFL game, so forgive me if I think he was wrong here.

canesfins13 said:
I think drafting Edwards would have allowed us to be more creative and likely get a trade done after the fact as more teams wanted Edwards.

Nobody moved up for Edwards and if being more creative is having Gordon run the ball and having a 3mil WR in Booker on the bench, with a rookie WR on the outside. WR haven't been as safe as top picks as most people seem.. GreenMonster

You obviously know nothing of Ronnie.

canesfins13 said:
That is a useless response, why is Brown so good? He has done nothing in college but back up Cadillac.

The guy came in as a Soph after Carnell got hurt against UF and ran for 1000+ yards and double digit TDs in the final 6 games of the season. We had one of the best teams in the nation down the stretch, and Ronnie was a big part of that. Last year Ronnie played all over the place and picked up more than 1,000 yards in total offense and 13 TDs (not bad for someone who is a 2nd rate backup, as you seem to think). You might want to do a little research before mouthing off. Saban probably picked Ronnie for his attitude & leadership as much as his on field performance. Saban had to try and stop RB for the last 4 years, so I think he probably knows a little better than you what he's getting.

canesfins13 said:
This is such a stupid statement being thrown around all day, like you are a GM. Give me a break, Saban can make mistakes and be wrong, remember this is a college coach who hasnt won an NFL game, so forgive me if I think he was wrong here.

Ronnine Brown is not a mistake, imo. The problem is that you think that this is Madden and all you have to do is point and tap and get as many draft picks you want or whatever player you want.. You're assumming other teams were drooling over him and you're assuming that other teams would trade for him.. Saban has a better feel and wherewithall than you do - like it or not! :cooldude:

Just remember what Clumpy said yesterday people, 25% of the 256 players drafted make a significant impact and another 15% make some kind of contribution. (or something to that effect) So Saban could be right or wrong. But that doesn't mean that Braylon Edwards or anyone else we could have taken would have been any more of a sure thing.

How on earth can we argue a selection three hours after it happens? Geez!

Well since this is the deepest draft in years at the RB spot, you could hav edrafted a quality back anywhere after #2 and Clevland and others might have traded for him when he was off the board. Saban couldnt bluff anyone on the Edwards talk, they all called it and all other teams were right.

canesfins13 said:
That is a useless response, why is Brown so good? He has done nothing in college but back up Cadillac.

Nobody who knows anything about football would make a statement that's this flat-out dumb.

canesfins13 said:
Well since this is the deepest draft in years at the RB spot, you could hav edrafted a quality back anywhere after #2 and Clevland and others might have traded for him when he was off the board. Saban couldnt bluff anyone on the Edwards talk, they all called it and all other teams were right.

Or we could have drafted another Travis Minor.

Players play, coaches coach, and fans watch the game.

Saban knows a heck of a lot more about football than any of us do - let's get behind his solid pick of Ronnie Brown!

Back
Top Bottom