Auburn VS. LSU '04 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auburn VS. LSU '04

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to see the type of Defense Nick like to run in game situation.

I also got a chance to see the Caddy, RB and Jason C. as well as a few other prospects..

Aburn VS. Lsu '04

Where did you see it at? I'd love to get a copy. I saw the game, but I want a copy to break down the two running backs.

I know what kind of D Saban runs.

We will be watching games live soon with the new streaming technology

Man, there was one run by Ronnie Brown on there at about midway through, that showed the power, speed, cutback ability and vision that he possesses.

I have no idea how we could pass him up at #2.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Man, there was one run by Ronnie Brown on there at about midway through, that showed the power, speed, cutback ability and vision that he possesses.

Because Benson and Williams are better depending on who're asking. If you want to see something sweet go watch this video. click 2004 unofficial video. Pretty much the same as the official but with better camera views. It's the next best thing to actually wacthing him in person.

http://www.jcdenton40.com/CedricBenson.html

Watch both the 2004 and 2003 videos. 2003 video shows his catching ability which is more then he's given credit for. In both video's he carries people, runs over them, past them and just has amazing vision, cut back ability and shiftiness.

Are you kidding me??? I'm about halfway through and so far this looks like a Cadillac Williams highlight reel. I've seen two runs by Ronnie Brown, one where he cut it up field and juked a little bit for it looks like about 6 yards (had a good hole), and another single-back formation where the defensive line collapsed the middle of the formation and instead of cutting it outside with that magnificent speed that Brown has, he ran right into the awaiting arms of tacklers.

Meanwhile did you see that play where Cadillac was tackled dead-on by TWO LSU defenders as he swung to the left side of the field, except he ended up NOT being tackled and broke free for like another 10-15 yards? It was funny I was saying to myself, as the play unfolded (at half speed) "man, he's about to get killed, but this is a highlight reel, I wonder if somehow he's going to break that double-team tackle...nahhh, there's no way in hell OH MY GOD HE DID!"

And in some other runs too, I always knew Caddie had this vision, but not this kind of power. This is incredible, I love Cadillac.

ckparrothead said:
Are you kidding me??? I'm about halfway through and so far this looks like a Cadillac Williams highlight reel. I've seen two runs by Ronnie Brown, one where he cut it up field and juked a little bit for it looks like about 6 yards (had a good hole), and another single-back formation where the defensive line collapsed the middle of the formation and instead of cutting it outside with that magnificent speed that Brown has, he ran right into the awaiting arms of tacklers.

Meanwhile did you see that play where Cadillac was tackled dead-on by TWO LSU defenders as he swung to the left side of the field, except he ended up NOT being tackled and broke free for like another 10-15 yards? It was funny I was saying to myself, as the play unfolded (at half speed) "man, he's about to get killed, but this is a highlight reel, I wonder if somehow he's going to break that double-team tackle...nahhh, there's no way in hell OH MY GOD HE DID!"

And in some other runs too, I always knew Caddie had this vision, but not this kind of power. This is incredible, I love Cadillac.

Cadillac is a lot like Tomlinson. He's not known as a power back but does have a lot. What's amazing is he (IMO) has been the better back at Auburn and had a better combine but if you ask the fans (poll on front page) hardly anyone wants him #2 overall. He and Benson are real close to being the best. I just give Benson the edge because I've seen him more, and he's always carried a load without injury. But they're close.

ckparrothead said:

Ya... you should've watched the rest of the video to see Brown's big run in the game winning drive and Cadillac's goof up on special teams. Brown put up better numbers in this game.

Caddy is deceptively powerful. He doesn't have the big, thick thighs you see in most power runners, but the guy transfers the explosion from his legs through his hips extremely well.

As far as Nick's defense goes, take a look at it. As I have been saying ever since Nick took this job, he runs a 4-3 defense with a lot of defensive line stunts and a lot of coverage schemes.

Anyone wondering about Cadillac should watch this video, seriously. Brown has power, but at least as far as this video goes, he doesn't have the knack for breaking tackles that Cadillac has. There's an important difference between a guy that powers into defenders and gains that extra few yards, and a guy that lets poor tacklers shake off him and switches gears and directions quick and shakes completely loose from the attempted tackle. Cadillac does the latter, and he does it multiple times. Like I said in that one run, I'm looking at it and doubting anyone could slip the double tackle here, and then sure enough he doesn't just slip it and gain a few more yards before being tripped up or going to the ground, he slips it COMPLETELY and goes onto the next level of defenders. And you know what, he almost did it again a second time in this video, breaking a double-team tackle he had no business breaking, and was about to pull away from the would-be tacklers, but Marcus Spears, who had already been blocked and shaken at the line of scrimmage had some serious hustle and caught up to Caddy on the backside to bring him down.

Caddilac's body balance is amazing. Now I know why they call him Cadillac. Cadillac's drive, and with their wide base you don't often see a cadillac flipping over now do ya.

Brown seems like the kind of guy that could definitely outrun some people, and power through some people, but what he keeps doing is leaning into people to gain the few extra hard yards, while Cadillac just sits there and gets bounced by would-be tacklers, but maintains his balance and uses his gear-shifting and directional changing to scoot away from the would-be tacklers.

And you know what, for all of Ronnie Brown's supposedly lightning fact 40 time, the electronic sensors timed him as having the EXACT same 40 time as Cadillac Williams, and this was a Cadillac that was carrying 12 more pounds of muscle than he was during the season.

My only concern is injuries. There's no doubt in my mind. Cadillac Williams is the best runner in this draft.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
I thought it would be interesting to see the type of Defense Nick like to run in game situation.

I also got a chance to see the Caddy, RB and Jason C. as well as a few other prospects..

Aburn VS. Lsu '04

I couldn't make it through the Auburn song, a little too RAH RAH for my liking.

ckparrothead said:
Anyone wondering about Cadillac should watch this video, seriously. Brown has power, but at least as far as this video goes, he doesn't have the knack for breaking tackles that Cadillac has. There's an important difference between a guy that powers into defenders and gains that extra few yards, and a guy that lets poor tacklers shake off him and switches gears and directions quick and shakes completely loose from the attempted tackle. Cadillac does the latter, and he does it multiple times. Like I said in that one run, I'm looking at it and doubting anyone could slip the double tackle here, and then sure enough he doesn't just slip it and gain a few more yards before being tripped up or going to the ground, he slips it COMPLETELY and goes onto the next level of defenders. And you know what, he almost did it again a second time in this video, breaking a double-team tackle he had no business breaking, and was about to pull away from the would-be tacklers, but Marcus Spears, who had already been blocked and shaken at the line of scrimmage had some serious hustle and caught up to Caddy on the backside to bring him down.

Caddilac's body balance is amazing. Now I know why they call him Cadillac. Cadillac's drive, and with their wide base you don't often see a cadillac flipping over now do ya.

Brown seems like the kind of guy that could definitely outrun some people, and power through some people, but what he keeps doing is leaning into people to gain the few extra hard yards, while Cadillac just sits there and gets bounced by would-be tacklers, but maintains his balance and uses his gear-shifting and directional changing to scoot away from the would-be tacklers.

And you know what, for all of Ronnie Brown's supposedly lightning fact 40 time, the electronic sensors timed him as having the EXACT same 40 time as Cadillac Williams, and this was a Cadillac that was carrying 12 more pounds of muscle than he was during the season.

My only concern is injuries. There's no doubt in my mind. Cadillac Williams is the best runner in this draft.

Are you basing this all on one video? It sure sounds like it. You do realize that Brown had better numbers in this game don't you?

Find video from Auburn's bowl game this year. Brown was good, Caddy was terrible.

Are you basing this all on one video? It sure sounds like it. You do realize that Brown had better numbers in this game don't you?

Find video from Auburn's bowl game this year. Brown was good, Caddy was terrible.

I've seen the two play a couple of times, this video just reaffirmed what I already thought from watching them. Brown is an advantage-taker, as far as his OL blocking is concerned. Cadillac is a creator. And Cadillac has more potential. People are merely in love with Brown's measurables as far as size and speed go, but guess what, at the combine Cadillac tested out just as fast as Brown in the 40, and faster in the cone drills, and as far as the size thing goes, at 217 pounds of ripped muscle and still timing as fast as Ronnie Brown, I take the guy with the vastly superior vision and body balance any day of the week.

Ronnie Brown is good though, I still like him a little better than Cedric Benson.

Back
Top Bottom