Aug 4th Morning Live-Blog | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aug 4th Morning Live-Blog

Nothing of interest yet. Donald Thomas continues to run away with the starting RG job. If you listen to Sparano, Trey Darilek had to give up his guard duties and play tackle because Dan Heerspink got hurt. That supposedly opened the door for Donald, he hasn't relinquished the job since, and I doubt he's going to. I think they're just going to have these five guys working next to each other the rest of TC and preseason, getting chemistry with each other.

2nd update is in, it sounds like the quarterbacks are doing well although it's not a full 7on7 or 11on11. There is a Ted Ginn sighting too as he hauls in a 40 yard TD from Chad Henne.

I have been out of town and haven't been keeping up much. Could somebody please tell me whats up with Shawn Murphy? We traded up to snag this guy in the 4th and our late 6th round pick is winning the starting battle?

John Beck is making almost all the throws. The only ones he misses are a deep wheel route to Jalen Parmele that was a bit too far, and he can’t connect with Patrick Cobbs after Keith Davis does a great job jamming Cobbs at the line of scrimmage.

A Ted Ginn sighting: He toasts Roberson for a 40-yard touchdown from Chad Henne.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go, Chad! Wait... Uh Oh! A Wolverine throwing a TD pass to a Buckeye?!!? IT'S A SIGN PEOPLE!!! THE END IS NEAR!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, I'm liking what Chad is doing.

Nothing of interest yet. Donald Thomas continues to run away with the starting RG job. If you listen to Sparano, Trey Darilek had to give up his guard duties and play tackle because Dan Heerspink got hurt. That supposedly opened the door for Donald, he hasn't relinquished the job since, and I doubt he's going to. I think they're just going to have these five guys working next to each other the rest of TC and preseason, getting chemistry with each other.

It's been awhile since a low rd rookie has stepped up like this - gotta like it. How about McKinney though? As he gets healthier and more familiar with the system - do you expect him to get a shot or is he strictly backup material at center and guard? Pretty disappointed in Murphy since we traded up for him but hopefully over time he can develop. Seems like he will need a season or two to get stronger.

It sounds like the QB's are doing much better and Henne had a good series in the team drills.

seems like the QB's are having a good day of practice. Everybody criticizing Beck . . . realize its the pressure that is the number one thing he needs to work on . . . and that is why they have been HAMMERING him this camp so far. I think it is almost fair to say that he is clearly the most accurate of the 3 QB's and probably has the best touch (the drum drill this morning where he hits it 4 times including a perfect one inside the drum . . . while the other 2 QB's only hit it one time a piece).

However with all that being said . . . he has gotta handle the pressure better and get rid of that ball if he wants to start.

I'm glad Henne is progressing so well, was a fantastic pick by Parcells and company, great to finally feel like we have a real QB competition going.

the latest update is in. Beck continues to look good apparently, being victimized by Fasano/Mulligan drops. Good to see he's having a very good practice.

Back
Top Bottom