Aug 4th Morning Live-Blog | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aug 4th Morning Live-Blog

the latest update is in. Beck continues to look good apparently, being victimized by Fasano/Mulligan drops. Good to see he's having a very good practice.

Agreed, good to see all 3 qB's seemed to have good practices . . . hopefully by the end of camp we can get the Line, the WR/TE and the QB's on the same page . . . the only consistent part of the offense has been the RB's . . . Brown, Williams and Parmalee.

Surely the Miami Dolphin offensive juggernaut that is being lead by the trio of All Pro and future HoF QB’s has been adeptly misleading the defense into a false sense complacency thus far through training camp.

It seems as if the Sparano has called off the defensive hounds (and even the press) to give the offense a boost of confidence

What ever the case, it’s nice to hear the offensive starting to wake up – even if it isn’t a full speed/contact practice.

Its nice to see the QB's having a good day, but 1 on 1 and 7 on 7 dont count for much. Hennes TD was Ginn going one on one with a DB and no pressure. He should hit that 9-10 times.

Great Stuff! Long is kicking *** and taking names!
Whooo! I cant wait to see him make Gholston eat dirt all day!

McCown is down right sloppy tripping over the feet of his lineman and fumbling the snap. It looks like Henne had another good day. Beck would of had a good day if the receivers would help him. Is it me but i get the feeling that the players dont want Beck to start because they just keep dropping his passes or is our WR play that bad!

seems like the QB's are having a good day of practice. Everybody criticizing Beck . . . realize its the pressure that is the number one thing he needs to work on . . . and that is why they have been HAMMERING him this camp so far. I think it is almost fair to say that he is clearly the most accurate of the 3 QB's and probably has the best touch (the drum drill this morning where he hits it 4 times including a perfect one inside the drum . . . while the other 2 QB's only hit it one time a piece).

However with all that being said . . . he has gotta handle the pressure better and get rid of that ball if he wants to start.

I'm glad Henne is progressing so well, was a fantastic pick by Parcells and company, great to finally feel like we have a real QB competition going.

I think the biggest mistake people are making is when they talk about the checkdowns and how the checkdowns are a bigger problem than the mechanical issues, etc.

Fact of the matter is you just have absolutely no idea where the coaches would have preferred he go with that ball, and none of the journalists know either. You don't know until you get into the film room with them and see.

McCown is down right sloppy tripping over the feet of his lineman and fumbling the snap. It looks like Henne had another good day. Beck would of had a good day if the receivers would help him. Is it me but i get the feeling that the players dont want Beck to start because they just keep dropping his passes or is our WR play that bad!

It's you. The players are WAY too fearful over their own jobs to start dropping passes because they want a certain guy to look bad.

Sounds like a good day from the QB's.

But also you don't hear one thing about "coverage sacks" or the buzzer. Sounds like they're taking it easy on the QB's to build some confidence.

And also, just because the receivers drop the ball doesn't mean it hurts the QB. The coach sees the QB lay the pass down where it should be, and the receiver drops it. The QB gets props, and the receiver starts sweating for his job.

And also, just because the receivers drop the ball doesn't mean it hurts the QB. The coach sees the QB lay the pass down where it should be, and the receiver drops it. The QB gets props, and the receiver starts sweating for his job.

Exactly. Sparano basically said as much in a presser a few days ago.

I see Beck had a great practice. Its actually nice to see the Offense starting to contribute. Hopefully its a sign fof the O-lins starting to gell.

Finally, a bit of good news from our QBs performance. I was starting to get nervous after the scrimmage with only 2 completions from all 3 QBs combined.

Finally, a bit of good news from our QBs performance. I was starting to get nervous after the scrimmage with only 2 completions from all 3 QBs combined.

Were you exaggerating that last bit? Because the QBs completed a lot more than 2 passes.

looks like the 2009 offseason will be a WR hunt!!! and possibly another QB!!!

Back
Top Bottom