Austin and Eifert are not in the AFCE, whew! MIA and NE did well, jets and bills yuk! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin and Eifert are not in the AFCE, whew! MIA and NE did well, jets and bills yuk!

From where I'm sitting, they did pretty much what we did last year: they reached for the guy they wanted.

But when we reached we got the consensus next best QB on the board at the time. The Bills go with a guy who is the consensus #3 -5 QB on most boards I have seen.

I do however agree that with QB you have to go with your gut.. lets hope their gut is wrong.

Austin and Eifert are not in the AFCE, whew! MIA and NE did well, jets and bill

From where I'm sitting, they did pretty much what we did last year: they reached for the guy they wanted.

Comparing the EJ reach to a tannehill reach is bogus. EJ should have been the 3rd or 4th selected. Who we they worried would take him ahead of them in later rounds?

I wouldn't write EJ Manual off just yet, he could very well be the best QB in a draft that is weak at the QB position. He probably won't be seeing much playing time this year, though the Bills will be forced to start him by the 2014 season with the way rookie contracts are now whether he is ready or not.

EJ was far & away my favorite QB in this draft.

I'm not saying he should have gone in the 1st round, but IMHO he is a far better pick than the other 2 QB's that were projected ahead of him...

The cowboys had the worst pick and they traded up for it so it's another in a long list of jj's heinous gaffes.

Austin and Eifert are not in the AFCE, whew! MIA and NE did well, jets and bill

Correction, with Dion Jordan, we might just as well be a mobile QB's nightmare!!

I hate the Jets but I think they picked up two good players.

They're going to be a laughing stock on offense(again), but Millner is a good sized corner with blazing speed and very good leaping ability. He may not be the biggest ballhawk, but he will breakup his fair share of passes.

Richardson has long arms, big hands, and is strong. He also put up freakish numbers at Missouri.

They should have gone offense, but the players they got are far from scrubs.

Here is how the AFC East went vs Mayocks and CBS's most recent top 100 rankings

Dolphins pick #3 Mayock #5 / CBS ranking #3
-The dolphins get the best defensive player on most boards other than Sharrif Floyd who fell all the way to the 20's

Jet's pick #9 Dee Millner - Mayock #5 / CBS ranking #16
Jet's pick #13 Sheldon Richardson - Mayock #7 /CBS ranking #15
-The jets on paper from a value standpoint did ok, but they did nothing to help their team on offense and Basicly traded Revis for an unproven corner who had a knack for dropping balls. No excitement from the jets camp
just more projects on D for Rex Ryan.

Bills pick #16 CBS ranking #3 - Mayock #41 / CBS ranking #40
-Bills probably reach for someone they probably could have had in RD2

NE - trade back for boatload of picks.
Classic Belichick. Good Move IMO

Love this mayock quote
"This young man, I think he's got the potential to be the player that I compare him to, which is Jason Taylor, who ironically played for the Miami Dolphins. I also think he looks like an Aldon Smith, and if he puts on 20 pounds on that 6-foot-7 frame, one day he might be as good as a DeMarcus Ware." -- Mike Mayock

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/QB

http://fansided.com/2013/04/23/nfl-draft-2013-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects-unveiled/

Notes from draft
-I am happy that the rams snuck in and took Austin. Austin is not in the AFCE. He would have been deadly.
-Wake and Jordan could be the best duo in the NFL if Jordan is as advertised. Like our move we needed a rusher opposite Wake, Opposing QB's beware!
-The Jets got a CB who will not be as good as Revis + did you guys see all the tape of his drops in the combine? they also got a DT who may or may not make a big impact. Weak!!
-Bills pick a surprise QB in EJ Manuel, Need to watch more tape on him but he was not the top QB on most peoples mocks or top 100 lists. hopefully he is a reach.
-Belichick did as I expected and trades back and gets a boatload of picks but no 1st. I would have done the same thing as they now have 8 picks instead of 5.

lots of Jets fans are pissed on GG already.
That makes me happy.

What was wrong with jets picks they took the best corner in draft and pretty damn good Dt. Who do you suggest that they take at that point over these guys

Idk I think the cowboys did that lol.

Dallas is a confused franchise. They should have either stayed at 18 and picked Reid, or with the trade pick Elam or Cyprien at 31. Their pass defense should have been their first priority considering they were one of the worst in that category in the league.

What was wrong with jets picks they took the best corner in draft and pretty damn good Dt. Who do you suggest that they take at that point over these guys
I think they wanted Austin.

I also think they did ok from a value standpoint. The jets problem is that they still have NO weapons on offense, I would have grabbed Eifert after austin was snatched from under them. They are expecting a young CB can go to NY and step into Revis's shoes right away, tough sledding. Add to that they have to go and play vs Revis in game one then NE.

The EJ Manuel pick might be the worst pick I have ever seen. There's reaching for a player you like, and then there's drafting a guy in the 1st round you DEFINITELY could have gotten in the 2nd round. There is a distinct and important difference.

I'll put it another way: EJ Manuel could turn out to literally be the best QB of ALL TIME and the pick would still be abysmal since they could have gotten him in round 2 (or later...none of the other QBs even got taken). A better draft strategy would have been to take other 1st round talent at that pick and grab him on day 2.

Absolutely HORRIBLE pick.

Back
Top Bottom