Austin Collie another WR option for the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Collie another WR option for the Dolphins

broccoli rob

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to the Miami Herald, free agent WR Austin Collie is "believed to be a possibility" to address the Dolphins' depth issues at receiver.

Slot weapon Collie is 27 years old.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5176/austin-collie

He is willing to sign an injury waiver that would free the team of responsibility for his salary if he was to suffer another injury. No risk. I wouldn't mind bringing him in.. What say you?
:ponder:

This is the same guy who played for the Colts a few years back, right? He is definitely a valid and logical option. I'm not sure he is the versatile type of receiver Philbin and Sherman need to implement into the system though. I vaguely remember him operating primarily out of the slot, so not sure how good his outside game is.

did not see. guess its just speculation. feel free to move or delete thread mods.

This is the same guy who played for the Colts a few years back, right? He is definitely a valid and logical option. I'm not sure he is the versatile type of receiver Philbin and Sherman need to implement into the system though. I vaguely remember him operating primarily out of the slot, so not sure how good his outside game is.

Yeah he was a very solid slot WR up until last year when I believe he hurt his knee and had a few (I think few) concussions. If he stays healthy I think he'd be a good addition, and he is only 27.

The 4th/5th reciever must play special teams so he is most likely not an option

I guess we did not learn from last year of going the late vet route for receivers.

Why not? He was good with the Colts when healthy...could be a steal if he manages to stay healthy

what's up w/ bumphis (sp?) from what I saw of him he looked like he would make some noise in shells at least. has he been running w/ the 3rd's?

I guess we did not learn from last year of going the late vet route for receivers.

We are going this route because two of our young WRs are injured, one for the year. What is the alternative?

That leaves -- for now -- Marvin McNutt, Jeff Fuller, Brian Tyms, Chad Bumphis, Kenny Stafford, Jasper Collins and newcomer Andrell Smith competing for the No. 4 and 5 receiving jobs

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

i'd rather not learn our lesson by selecting a 4 and 5 out of this group. I hope they sign a vet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peyton Manning.

That guy made a lot of WRs look like all pro players when they were on the field.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I think it is still not too late to bring in Early Doucet.

Surprised nobody has suggested TO at this point.

It's just Binns...we'll be plenty fine.

he's a solid player with serious concussion problems. it might be a toss between him and robinson

Back
Top Bottom