Austin Jackson = Jonathan Martin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson = Jonathan Martin

Gotta be honest I just don't ever remember Martin's play on the field ever being as bad as Jackson. Martin was just pretty mediocre when moved to LT and then the whole bullygate happened.

In terms of potential, but never quite pulling it. At this stage I have to also lay the blame in our offensive line staff for not getting this kid ready. I don't support cutting him at all, that would be stupid. What this
team does need is better personnel to develop our linemen better.
I think Martin was better at this point in their careers. Unfortunately, that is depressing.

Jackson regressing like this, and the OL regressing like this is more on the coaches than the players. What they’re being asked to do from a technical standpoint is probably what’s causing them to fail.

Did anyone ever think that the coaches may be a big part of the problem? I mean every single guy on the offensive line is playing horrible, and everyone on the offensive line who was in Miami last year is playing progressively worse.
There is one play in particular where Austin Jackson left a DE one on one with Gaskin while he went on to double team someone else. There are 2 possibilities here:
1. Low football IQ
2. Bad coaching/ Bad scheme

Did anyone ever think that the coaches may be a big part of the problem? I mean every single guy on the offensive line is playing horrible, and everyone on the offensive line who was in Miami last year is playing progressively worse.
i think it has to be coaching too.. billy turner comes to mind. plus there are some design roll outs and bootlegs and play calls that can protect the oline but our play calling is another issue entirely.

I would fire all offensive coaches and put Jackson on the practice squad. AJ was another blown pick by Grier

Think its best we just admit he's a bust and bring up Pankey from PS and move Hunt at RT and Liam to LT. I'm open for Jackson to try Guard though. LT ain't for him NFL wise.

The coaches must be going easy on him. He should be doing extra running until he gets his **** together.
Yeah...because what he needs to do is run some sprints until his technique and punch improve. That’ll help him block Yannick and Max Crosby!!

Guys, I may be alone in this, but I thought the line gave Brissett more time in the pocket than the previous 2 games. We had some very questionable play calls and our inability to pick up 1 yard is frustrating, especially with our gaurds who were supposed to be better at run blocking.

Most were saying it would take 6-7 games before the line gelled this season, is there no hope with these guys? If not, then we are in for another off-season reboot.

Guys, I may be alone in this, but I thought the line gave Brissett more time in the pocket than the previous 2 games. We had some very questionable play calls and our inability to pick up 1 yard is frustrating, especially with our gaurds who were supposed to be better at run blocking.

Most were saying it would take 6-7 games before the line gelled this season, is there no hope with these guys? If not, then we are in for another off-season reboot.

There is no hope for this line or OC coaching staff.

Our line has been bad for too long. Scouting and acquisition is one thing but other teams do more with less. That points to our failure to develop and coach. Probably why some of our castoffs have had success elsewhere. You can make chicken salad out of chicken $#it if you know what the heck you are doing. Even if what we drafted was overvalued they could still be trained, developed and coached into a competent line.

Austin looks bad man, like really bad for a 1st round pick. He looks more like a dude you sign off the street because your 1st round picks goes down.

I'd take Fitzpatrick back and the dude off the street 10 out of 10 times here.

The line played better yesterday, I agree with that but it was hard for them to play any worse.

Back
Top Bottom