Austin Jackson on IR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson on IR

Please tell me this is some kind of odd April-Fools joke? ..... Please.

Kudos to the rook who was having a stellar rookie season, but still needs a lot of experience. These missed snaps the rest of the year are a major setback for him and the Dolphins. He was probably pushing his body too hard to get into NFL shape too quickly and stressing it. While that is understandable, it is also greatly disappointing.

Austin, don't get dejected ... hang in there. You have our support and best wishes. Your Dolphins career is just scratching the surface, and you'll be back better than ever.

Tua is going to play when he is going to play. He isn't getting cut tomorrow or anything, so people need to chill. We aren't making the playoffs so what is the rush?

Tua will never play another down of football again. - Chris Grier

Lol. Jk. This oline will never be perfect and neither will this team.

Tuas blind side is RT

I really don’t believe that’s a big thing in today’s NFL anymore. That idea was a thing when you had a pocket QB, and teams always lined their best pass rusher on the QBs blindside (usually Right DE).

Now, almost all QBs have some sort of mobility to them, every team is running RPOs or spread offenses with a scrambling QB, and defenses have adjusted. One play the best rusher will line up at RDE, and then the next play, line up against the RT on the other side.

In today’s league, you need 2 good OTs, and I don’t really think there’s much of a difference which OT is better

Not as long as the Texans keep losing, that's the best thing going for this franchise right now. Brilliant trade.

I just want Tua to get his feet wet late in the year when the Fitzmagic wears out, this was never likely to be our year anyway as the franchise hit the reset button with the Tannehill, Tunsil, and Stinkah trades.

This team is well set up for 2021 if Flores and his staff can get the teams collective heads out of their a****, but that remains to be seen...
2021 draft provides some optimism. But having our rookie LT missing developmental snaps just when he was starting to look like an excellent draft pick? Nothing positive to take away from that.

Wow. Talk about a head spinner. A few days ago the question was if he would play against the 49ers, and now he goes to IR and we promote a RB?

The roller coaster that is this team shouldn't surprise me, but it always does.
It’s typical Dolphins. This **** happens every year.

2021 draft provides some optimism. But having our rookie LT missing developmental snaps just when he was starting to look like an excellent draft pick? Nothing positive to take away from that.

That's football. It sucks, but that's football. Imagine being a Giants fan and playing your entire season without your starting left tackle who you just gave 35 million guaranteed to due to an opt out, and then Saquon goes down.

Davenport is an awful football player.

In fact, his play propelled one of the most moronic trades I've ever witnessed.

There is a very good possibilty this changes nothing on the possibilty of when to bring in Tua.

Davenport last week when he came in, did a pretty good job, and they were talking about how much better Davenport has been looking in camp, so if he proves himself in the next few games, there is a good chance Tua could still see the field.

Considering Tua's blindside is his right, unless Davenport is still a huge mess, it can still be worked out to have Tua out there, while keeping him alive.

This coming game will be very informative of what direction Miami will be going in the next few games on many fronts...Defense, Protection, QB Play. Let us cross our fingers and hope we can come out of this.

This may be the team protecting their investment, similar to what they did in 2019 with all the players going to IR so they could churn the roster. With no official statement from the team about whether he is expected to be there for a few weeks or for the season, I will not read anything into it.

Tua is either ready to play or he’s not. It should have nothing to do with the offensive line. If it does then he isn’t ready to play period. Despite what some may think Tua is going to get hit. If we are really worried about backups along the offensive line they shouldn’t have drafted him. What if he was the starter and 2 or 3 lineman went down? Do you switch to Fitz.

If any of this is real and Tua is as brittle as Finheaven makes him out to be we should have either drafted somebody else or IR’ed him for 2020 period. I just can’t see how a rookie LT with 4 games of experience sways the decision very much. It’s not like this is Anthony Munoz.

Back
Top Bottom