Austin Jackson on IR | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson on IR

Foot injuries are nothing to mess around with. Good move to make sure that gets resolved before playing again.
You know they announced this and I didn't even react with disappointment. I was just like "oh well that figures"

Well, I'm not surprised anytime something goes wrong for this team. Every team will have injuries of course but it's hard when you're playing young guys that are drafted high and they get hurt. It seems to happen every year to us. I'm fearing that he's done for the year regardless of what they tell us. I'm trying to find something positive here and Hunt getting a chance to play could be it but in order for that to happen Davis would have to go to LT and Hunt at RT. That's like starting all over again with the line that has been playing well but now you'd have rookies at RG and RT which is never easy.

Well, I'm not surprised anytime something goes wrong for this team. Every team will have injuries of course but it's hard when you're playing young guys that are drafted high and they get hurt. It seems to happen every year to us. I'm fearing that he's done for the year regardless of what they tell us. I'm trying to find something positive here and Hunt getting a chance to play could be it but in order for that to happen Davis would have to go to LT and Hunt at RT. That's like starting all over again with the line that has been playing well but now you'd have rookies at RG and RT which is never easy.

Bro I am not tooting my own horn on this at all....just saying that this is the reason I was so adamant about not putting the state and health of the OLine out there as a reason to NOT start Tua.

With our luck and history with the OLine, we will be waiting forever to start Tua, if that's the reason to keep him on the bench.

You got to just put your best 5 out there and go go go....its football...its physical and injuries happen anywhere, to anyone, at anytime.

Just hope that the injury gods don't get to Tua and that's all you can do, this year, next year, whenever.

Jackson going on IR has absolutely nothing to do with Tua. If Jackson wasn’t really hurt he wouldn’t be on IR to begin with. Obviously his ankle injury was worse than they originally thought it was and the doctor must have told them he would not be available for a period of time. If he was healthy enough to play they would not have put him on IR because he is still learning to play LT in the NFL and they want him to get as many reps as possible this season.

If his replacement turns out to be terrible, it is more likely Tua will play sooner because Fitzpatrick will have a greater chance of injury with an incompetent LT. I don’t see the coaches putting Jackson on IR just so they would have an excuse to delay playing Tua. I just hope Jackson has a full recovery and that he is able to play again this season. If the ankle injury is bad enough that he isn’t able to play again this year, he has plenty of time to make a full recovery before the 2021 season begins.

Actually... almost any medical professional will tell you that a break is, in many ways, a less damaging injury than soft tissue injuries involving muscles or ligaments. They heal cleaner, and with less long-term problems. Now, sometimes this depends on where the break is located, but many players return quickly from breaks, but are out for extended periods with soft-tissue injuries.

▪ Dolphins rookie left tackle Austin Jackson is expected to miss an extended period with a foot injury, and Brian Flores was non-committal if he will return this season.

Flores said the team is “looking for a long-term replacement” for Jackson, who went on injured reserve on Friday, “and we’re trying to work a few combinations with that in mind.”

decipher that for what you will-doesn't sound good to me...
Flozy also said something like "he's a hard worker, and with the new rules he can be brought back after three weeks."

Sounds like no idea how long it's going to take.

If we go 0-3 over the next three weeks, dont be surprised if we shut him down for the year.

OMG. I know the current political climate, but I don’t think anyone in the Dolphins organization wants Jackson on IR! He was our best hope at LT.

Bad hit. Most NFL teams suffering player injuries though. Austin has shown hes legit.
Sidenote. Just watched Bears Bucs game. Brady forgetting what down it was and not shaking hands with Foles at the end of the game. Cements my total dislike of Brady. Hall of fame but not in Sportsmanship. Bad losers,/brat. Take your pick.

Back
Top Bottom