Austin Jackson on IR | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson on IR

Why can’t they be more specific about the injury? They did the same thing last year. What’s the mystery?

Were the team expected this season to make Superbowl? Playoffs? Above an 8-8 record? Are your expectations this season above basic levels of logic regarding the teams current playing ability and next draft and its expectations of talent improval? What are you expecting this season?
I was expecting an improvement on 5-11 and there is still time but I think we missed a good opportunity in the draft to take a good RB and WR.

So far you have to say the Defense has been underwhelming giving up a lot of yardage. AJ has been great on the OL but now he’s out.

The schedule wasn’t the kindest and you can see some improvement from last season. Hopefully having Byron Jones back will help.

I was going to predict a worse record than last season but felt I’d get shot down on here. It’s not that we haven’t gotten better it’s just some things have gone against us like the schedule, injuries and the inability to make big plays in key moments.

Still we should have some high draft picks again so I’m optimistic we’ll start to climb that AFC east. FinsUp

Well I was told for years that a qb should be able to overcome oline play anyways.

So like you said it’s not an excuse. For you and me but it could be for the decision makers.

At the same time I don’t want to be saying watching the pocket crumble “levitate kid” either with tua
I’ve come somewhat full circle on this-

Tua may be medically cleared but there are several benefits to taking this slow.
Get stronger, watch/ learn situations, Get comfortable, learn the OFF, the team around him will improve...
The team isn’t a playoff team yet.
He’s our linchpin - it’s coming.
Maybe Jets game#2.
If it’s later that’s fine.
Bigger issue we have holes to fill on the roster. 2021 draft and offseason will be HUGE.

If he was truly put on IR (designated to return IR) I believe he has to miss 6 games minimum per the rule.

The minimum is 3 weeks. It was put into effect for the 2020 season. Not sure if it’s only for COVID issues this and it will be gone in the future or not.

The minimum is 3 weeks. It was put into effect for the 2020 season. Not sure if it’s only for COVID issues this and it will be gone in the future or not.
It will probably go back to “normal” because coaches like Belicheat will abuse it because I don’t think players take up a roster spot when on IR.

Back
Top Bottom