Austin Jackson on IR | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson on IR

I’m just gonna say it too the timing of this makes me skeptical. Wasn’t Jackson a limited participant in practice Wednesday?

I don’t trust any of these cats any more. Best excuse to not play tua would be a we can’t protect him one

you know I’m always one not to hold back as far as calling poop well poop. Flores and Grier are looking and sounding more and more like imposters. But again I’ll wait to the end of the season.

you know I’m always one not to hold back as far as calling poop well poop. Flores and Grier are looking and sounding more and more like imposters. But again I’ll wait to the end of the season.
That wouldn’t be fair to them. It will take at least 3 more years before Tua plays and 7 more years before we can be legitimate contenders

Jackson is injured, he is VERY young we are not going to the playoffs this year. Protect our investment please, many thought he should not have been thrown into the fire at his age and he did quite well. Let him heal and take no chances with his long term health.

Tua, what do we really know? I don't think we are tanking I think we are finding the right time to play him in a year that doesn't matter. He dislocated and fractured his hip LESS THAN A YEAR AGO. I wish people here could chill out a little, do you all think the brain trust of the franchise do not want him on the field? We rolled the dice picking him, we are thoroughly invested. I frankly was too afraid with the injury record and did not want to take him. Now I can only embrace him and hope the people with way more info than we have are making the right decisions.

Jackson is injured, he is VERY young we are not going to the playoffs this year. Protect our investment please, many thought he should not have been thrown into the fire at his age and he did quite well. Let him heal and take no chances with his long term health.

Tua, what do we really know? I don't think we are tanking I think we are finding the right time to play him in a year that doesn't matter. He dislocated and fractured his hip LESS THAN A YEAR AGO. I wish people here could chill out a little, do you all think the brain trust of the franchise do not want him on the field? We rolled the dice picking him, we are thoroughly invested. I frankly was too afraid with the injury record and did not want to take him. Now I can only embrace him and hope the people with way more info than we have are making the right decisions.
So this year doesn’t matter? I’m guessing last year didn’t either? So when will the season start to matter? This mentality of a 5 year rebuilt plan is so stupid and such a cop out for putting together a garbage product on the field. I can’t understand how so many ppl are buying into this

Bingo on both counts... I'm glad that our coaching staff is more mature than many of the Finheaven posters.

Well, I'm not surprised anytime something goes wrong for this team. Every team will have injuries of course but it's hard when you're playing young guys that are drafted high and they get hurt. It seems to happen every year to us. I'm fearing that he's done for the year regardless of what they tell us. I'm trying to find something positive here and Hunt getting a chance to play could be it but in order for that to happen Davis would have to go to LT and Hunt at RT. That's like starting all over again with the line that has been playing well but now you'd have rookies at RG and RT which is never easy.
Davis played 13% of his snaps at LT last year. If the Davis/Hunt combo isn't the better option, it is not a good sign for how Hunt is coming along at tackle.

I don't expect them to do it even if it's the better option... bc we're the Fins. All I'm saying is that Hunt should damn well be better than Davenport by now if he is ever going to be a tackle.

Last edited:
So this year doesn’t matter? I’m guessing last year didn’t either? So when will the season start to matter? This mentality of a 5 year rebuilt plan is so stupid and such a cop out for putting together a garbage product on the field. I can’t understand how so many ppl are buying into this
After decades of bad, and mediocrity, I can appreciate your impatience, and agree, 5-7 years is not acceptable.

I also think it does take time, and while "worst to first" is not impossible, it is rare, and usually unsustainable, with regression being a safe bet.

I have the perspective that this is year one of the "rebuild". Last season was nothing more than a teardown, jettisoning bad contracts, and getting the cap under control going forward.

Clear, and measurable progress this year, which is only 1/4 of the way through, with a big step forward in 2021 is my expectation.

After decades of bad, and mediocrity, I can appreciate your impatience, and agree, 5-7 years is not acceptable.

I also think it does take time, and while "worst to first" is not impossible, it is rare, and usually unsustainable, with regression being a safe bet.

I have the perspective that this is year one of the "rebuild". Last season was nothing more than a teardown, jettisoning bad contracts, and getting the cap under control going forward.

Clear, and measurable progress this year, which is only 1/4 of the way through, with a big step forward in 2021 is my expectation.

100% agree.

In the predict our record thread, I said that if the Dolphins managed 8-8, I would be ecstatic. I suggested that we would regress to the mean this year. Next year is the target to be competitive.

Maybe Jackson's on IR because he's actually hurt and needs to recover and all of this has absolutely nothing to do with providing an excuse not playing Tua.

the conspiracy theorist is quite amusing.
This is idiotic if you believe this
so is questioning Austin Jackson’s heart..The Kid played weeks after a bone marrow transplant for a whole season..

Tua is a lefty. The LT position isn't as important.
I wish more people would discuss this. While LT is still important, blind side is now on the right. Whether it’s shifting linemen or they adapt, it’s an adjustment that will most likely take time for the line to make. I don’t know if they planned on moving Jackson

Receivers will have to get used to a lefty qb as well. It’s not exactly going to be plug and play with Tua when his name is called.
Side note: the Tua Gillette commercial is really awkward IMO

I wish more people would discuss this. While LT is still important, blind side is now on the right. Whether it’s shifting linemen or they adapt, it’s an adjustment that will most likely take time for the line to make. I don’t know if they planned on moving Jackson

Receivers will have to get used to a lefty qb as well. It’s not exactly going to be plug and play with Tua when his name is called.
Side note: the Tua Gillette commercial is really awkward IMO

We've kicked it around quite a bit... my take on this is that this means less than it used to mean. What with a complete absence of teams that line up in power running formations and the prevalence of mobile QBs in today's game, fewer formations are 'right-handed'.

Thank you, Johnny One-Note.
Lol.... Thats quite hypocritical, considering your last 8 months of never ceasing posts about Covid cancelling the season.

You never seem willing to give that a rest. Even if I agree with someone, there comes a point when an opinion has been stated so many times, you don't even need to see the poster's name to know who it is. At that point, it's too much, and just becomes rhetoric.

Back
Top Bottom