Austin Jackson on IR | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson on IR

You would think when AJax is back, Hunt is starting over Davis at that point. Getting 3/5 OL spots solved in one draft is absolutely phenomenal. If you really wanted to, and Houston continues to be terrible, with their pick you could draft Penei Sowell and kick Hunt inside and all we’d need is a center... Creed Humphrey if he drops? Or someone like a Gregory Rousseau/ Samuel Cosmi combo and fix the missing edge combo and fill an OL spot, then go WR & RB in the 2nd rounds...

Hope this kid can come back this season. Incidentally has anyone noticed how bad Andrew Thomas is playing?

He was ranked the highest OL by many and has given up a ton of sacks and pressures so far. It doesn’t help being on that team I suppose.

Some high round picks do surprisingly bad. Some low round picks do surprisingly bad. Imagine that. Miami is starting three rookie OLmen and, so far, they are impressing. Props to the scouts.

Hope this kid can come back this season. Incidentally has anyone noticed how bad Andrew Thomas is playing?

He was ranked the highest OL by many and has given up a ton of sacks and pressures so far. It doesn’t help being on that team I suppose.
IMO Daniel Jones being almost oblivious in the pocket plays a role in how bad their OL looks. I think Miami has actually gotten some of the best OL play out of their rookies this year compared to other teams. Many of the top OTs have not looked great so far.

IMO Daniel Jones being almost oblivious in the pocket plays a role in how bad their OL looks. I think Miami has actually gotten some of the best OL play out of their rookies this year compared to other teams. Many of the top OTs have not looked great so far.
Coaching has to be playing a huge role here.

You would think when AJax is back, Hunt is starting over Davis at that point. Getting 3/5 OL spots solved in one draft is absolutely phenomenal. If you really wanted to, and Houston continues to be terrible, with their pick you could draft Penei Sowell and kick Hunt inside and all we’d need is a center... Creed Humphrey if he drops? Or someone like a Gregory Rousseau/ Samuel Cosmi combo and fix the missing edge combo and fill an OL spot, then go WR & RB in the 2nd rounds...
I think we could roll with Flowers and Karras another season or two. I don't want to invest so heavily in the O-line next draft, perhaps a 3rd-6th rounds. In no particular order, I want NT, receiver, RB, DE, LB.

After watching Andrew Thomas on Thursday night, I would concur.

I think we could roll with Flowers and Karras another season or two. I don't want to invest so heavily in the O-line next draft, perhaps a 3rd-6th rounds. In no particular order, I want NT, receiver, RB, DE, LB.

For me NT then ILB or try free agency

Coaching, I agree plays a huge role. I have always wondered how New England kept Brady clean without high draft choices. It was always plug and play and next man up. Their scheme was the reason.
Scheme is important, but there are only so many possible variations.

The key is assignment soundness, and player versatility. As you say, the Pats, for example, don't typically have elite OL talent, but they are disciplined, versatile, and have good feet.

Thomas is caught in -between now. By that I mean, his only saving grace thus far is that he was a first round pick. He can't handle one on one match ups. Against the Eagles he had a 43.8% pass block win rate. League average for OTs is 87% (USA today). In NY, they are calling him worse than Flowers (ironic). I hope Thomas pans out though.

It is rare to find two solid linemen in a draft, let alone three who can be penciled in for four -five years assuming they keep progressing. To me, McKenzie, Allen and Grier had the scouts focus on linemen who could win their match ups, fit their scheme but have some intensity. These players check those boxes (Jackson, Kindley, Hunt).

Last edited:
Thomas is caught in -between now. By that I mean, his only saving grace thus far is that he was a first round pick. He can't handle one on one match ups. Against the Eagles he had a 43.8% pass block win rate. League average for OTs is 87% (USA today). In NY, they are calling him worse than Flowers (ironic). I hope Thomas pans out though.

It is rare to find two solid linemen in a draft, let alone three who can be penciled in for four -five years assuming they keep progressing. To me, McKenzie, Allen and Grier had the scouts focus on linemen who could win their match ups, fit their scheme but have some intensity. These players check those boxes (Jackson, Kindley, Hunt).
Funny thing about Andrew Thomas is the rumors Miami was going to draft him at #5. If true it kept the Giants from trading down, allowing Tua to fall into Miami's lap. Bet the Giants wouldn't mind a do over

The team that should have took tua was washington. But they goofed.

their loss our gain.

long term I’d bet cinci regrets it also. Especially if burrow keeps playing to contact

Back
Top Bottom