Austin Jackson on IR | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson on IR

It will probably go back to “normal” because coaches like Belicheat will abuse it because I don’t think players take up a roster spot when on IR.

it will, it was just cause of COVID

This applies to all injuries, football or non-football. The unprecedented flexibility to park players on IR/NFI and to bring them back after only three games comes from a broader desire to ensure that the maximum number of players are available to play this season, in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.

I read the Barry Jackson article. I'm not sure where this 'long-term replacement' comes from; sounds like just a poor choice of words. Jackson seems to indicate he could very likely return sometime after the three weeks and less than the full season. And they also seem inclined to roll with Davenport (unless and until he implodes).

I read the Barry Jackson article. I'm not sure where this 'long-term replacement' comes from; sounds like just a poor choice of words. Jackson seems to indicate he could very likely return sometime after the three weeks and less than the full season. And they also seem inclined to roll with Davenport (unless and until he implodes).

it wasn’t just Barry that said Flo didn’t sound optimistic- btw Flo’s exact words were long term replacement- not Barry’s.

If he was truly put on IR (designated to return IR) I believe he has to miss 6 games minimum per the rule.
The other folks already chimed in. I thought he could be back in 3 games and was wondering if I was incorrect.

So he would be eligible to return after the bye week for the 2nd jets game If short term IR? Interesting timeline...

My take on his injury is that they will shut him down for the season unless he can get back to 100%. Looking for a long term option at LT tells me they plan to take things safe. As much as I wanted him to play there really is no point risking a significant re-injury in rushing him back too early.

any specific definition regarding what kind of injury? ie high ankle? foot? big toe?

seems it was foot at first and then later ankle...

I know we keep this stuff locked up like nuke codes but any updates?

any specific definition regarding what kind of injury? ie high ankle? foot? big toe?

seems it was foot at first and then later ankle...

I know we keep this stuff locked up like nuke codes but any updates?
I've heard it was a bruised sphincter. They are just saying foot to avoid undue embarrassment for the young man.

Actually... almost any medical professional will tell you that a break is, in many ways, a less damaging injury than soft tissue injuries involving muscles or ligaments. They heal cleaner, and with less long-term problems. Now, sometimes this depends on where the break is located, but many players return quickly from breaks, but are out for extended periods with soft-tissue injuries.
Not my doctor, he told me more than likely I was screwed. Form t.he first time .he looked at my X-rays.

Jackson and Kindley are our steals of the draft, they´ve been excellent, hope Austin gets well soon.

Back
Top Bottom