Austin Jackson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson

How do we use Austin Jackson against the Texans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hurt again.He just can’t stay healthy and there is no way he can ever show improvement if he can’t stay on the field.
The Dolphins need to find both a left and right tackle before next season because as good as he is, Armstead can’t stay healthy and neither can Jackson.

Hurt again.He just can’t stay healthy and there is no way he can ever show improvement if he can’t stay on the field.
The Dolphins need to find both a left and right tackle before next season because as good as he is, Armstead can’t stay healthy and neither can Jackson.

Your bold font is trash

Yep…Jackson left the game too…this could derail this season!

Whose available?

this always had disaster written all over it, I didn't like Shell being replaced it threw the entire line out of sync. AJ not a superstar who automatically gets his job back after being out.let us light a candle for Armsteads pec

Seeing that this was his first game back after 10 weeks, I thought Jackson had a decent outing. Held his own on most his pass protection snaps, maybe beat one or two times. Most of the pressure on Tua seemed to be coming from breakdowns at other spots.

Seeing that this was his first game back after 10 weeks, I thought Jackson had a decent outing. Held his own on most his pass protection snaps, maybe beat one or two times. Most of the pressure on Tua seemed to be coming from breakdowns at other spots.
Correct. Jackson wasn’t good, but he wasn’t terrible—he wasn’t the problem. The left side of the line was getting destroyed after Armstead went out. Shell was a turnstile, and with the pocket collapsed, Jones wasn’t doing a good job of keeping his man walled off. The LT play from Shell was about as bad as any tackle play we’ve seen over the past few years. We’ll see what PFF says, but it looked to me like he was losing virtually every snap—and frequently quickly and badly.

I think McDaniel has a World of potential but he needs to make adjustments, you already know what happens when you lose Armstead, we should have ran the ball more, on passing downs keep a RB in to chip or keep a TE for help, that is inexcusable to let Tua get pummeled over and over again. Also the stubborness to let Thompson try to run an offense tailored to Tua, just run the ball, this was the worst rush defense in the whole league and we didn't do anything to it.

Back
Top Bottom