Austin Jackson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson

How do we use Austin Jackson against the Texans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s also worth noting that Jackson just turned 23 right before the season started. He’s extremely young. Most people on here are judging him harshly based on how he looked at 21 and 22 years old, while being shuffled around three different positions (LT, LG, RT) and playing for a completely dysfunctional offensive coaching staff with a first-time OL coach who was in over his head.

I will not be surprised in the least if Jackson looks MUCH better the next time we see him on the field.

I’d like to see the new and improved Austin Jackson personally

I’d rather get his feet wet against the Texans than a superior pass rushing team like the 49ers

He has a lot more physical talent that we could extract… I do get that the OL has played well, and continuity with Shell. But is he as good as some of you guys are talking like? Idk. But AJ likely has practiced with the starters a lot in practice. If he sucks just throw shell back in

They say Jackson is really talented. I just see a guy who gets beat in pass pro pretty regularly. I guess he has upside but I’m not messing around w the line at the moment.
You mean just like the entire lineup the last few years? He can’t get the benefit of better coaching?

Interesting. I definitely understand the desire not to mess with the current OL group, but I think I’d insert Jackson back at RT. Shell has been better than we ever could have hoped for as a guy we signed off the street, but he still is a guy we signed off the street. And if you believe PFF, he hasn’t been anything special—just solid.

Jackson is mega talented and should be the future of the RT position for us. I’d put him back in and if he struggles, we can always go back to Shell.
I like your positive attitude on Jackson.
But if mega talented, why has he been slower to develop?

All I know is it would be great to get TA 1/2 a game of rest going into the road gauntlet next week. We know this game is going to be basically Hulk versus piñata...

I concur w/ the consensus; the OL is clicking well now. So, why mess w/ chemistry?

That said, AJ s/b the 1st OL off the bench. Hopefully, to gain experience in mop up duty.

I like your positive attitude on Jackson.
But if mega talented, why has he been slower to develop?
He’s way younger. Robert Hunt is 26 now and was 24 as a rookie. Austin Jackson STILL isn’t 24 and won’t be until August. Similar deal with Eichenberg. Eichenberg is 24 and turns 25 in January. Jackson is a full 1.5 years younger than him. And aside from just being younger, Jackson came in notably raw and needing to add strength.

We’ve also moved Jackson around a ton. He’s played LT, RT, and LG.

I think there’s a lot of reason for optimism, even though he’s stunk thus far.

Back
Top Bottom