AVG > Chubb as pass rusher right now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG > Chubb as pass rusher right now?

AVG has been severely underrated his entire career. How many back ups have as many impact plays as him? He has done it on defense and special teams. Not sure if it is his draft position but this guy needs to be a starter and he will be next year even if isn't t on this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ogbah is a huge liability in the run game.
We have been one of the best run Ds in the league.

A "huge liability"? It may not be his forte, but that is a "huge" egaggeration.

He is, however, a liability if asked to drop into coverage. Fortunately, we don't ask that of him.

I was really tough on Chubb early in the season but he definitely picked it up once Phillips came back.

His revival is likely due to teams not being able to focus solely on him as Phillips was a larger threat.

AVG played great but again Washington likely shifted their focus to Chubb freeing up opportunities for AVG which to his credit he capitalized on.

We have been one of the best run Ds in the league.

A "huge liability"? It may not be his forte, but that is a "huge" egaggeration.

He is, however, a liability if asked to drop into coverage. Fortunately, we don't ask that of him.
This. Ogbah is a traditional DE. He has 5 sacks on only 169 defensive snaps this season.

That’s pretty good.

Chubb seems heavy legged. It doesn't allow him the athleticism AVG has. The spin move is an example of the difference between the two. Chubb has great strength whereas, Van Ginkle has more speed. In either case they can be effective. Just depends on how they utilize their skillset.

So glad we have all those guys (Ogbah too), but is it fair to say AVG is an even more impactful pass rusher than Chubb atm? Just seems more ferocious / explosive, not to mention the bonus impact plays
Doesn't matter much in the end, good "problem" to have!

Is option 2 available
Where they compliment each other in the same way Phillips/Chubb did? It’s a balance thing, the opposing O has to concentrate on protecting both sides of their line as well as what’s coming up the middle at them.

We're going to build a statue for Van Ginkel after this season. I fully expect that guy to make several huge plays in the playoffs during our Super Bowl run :chuckle:

*He's been my favorite player on the team for quite some time now...

I had my message censored and it honestly bothers me. Freedom of speech is an illusion in this country. Cant say something because it makes people uncomfortable? I left Venezuela for stupid **** like that.

Back
Top Bottom