Avoiding the Flip Flop | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Avoiding the Flip Flop

inFINSible said:
How many peole think it's a wasted season already?

He's right or he's wrong, either way, we win.
Considering this site is full of pessimists, I'd say a lot.

But, me being an optimist, I won't ever say wasted season.

KBISBACK said:
You are banking on the idea that Dave will pull Jay when he's playing bad. That's dangerous. This is a coach that played Jay Fiedler with a torn rotator cuff because he was afraid Damon Huard would play well enough to start a controversy.
Remember, in Dave's mind the whole reason he failed in Chic was because he had a QB controversy there. He will do everything it takes NOT to have one here... including letting a qb to struggle.

inFINSible said:
How many peole think it's a wasted season already?

He's right or he's wrong, either way, we win.

Yes if he is right that's great......but if he's wrong I say it a wasted season because what will happen at the end of it SHOULD of happened at the end of LAST year.......Bye bye Wanny. Bye bye Feidler.
that's what I mean by a wasted season.

Phinz4Life said:

its not hard to be a pessimist when Wannay is doing the same thing over and over and over season after season . history does repeat itself.

pigskinguy said:
Yes if he is right that's great......but if he's wrong I say it a wasted season because what will happen at the end of it SHOULD of happened at the end of LAST year.......Bye bye Wanny. Bye bye Feidler.

You would be right then.
:D

FiN.in.RI said:
its not hard to be a pessimist when Wannay is doing the same thing over and over and over season after season . history does repeat itself.
Seriously. Doesn't this feel like you are in the movie Groundhog Day.

Phinz4Life said:

nothing wrong with that and in some sense, I agree....it's not over 'til it's over ....any given sunday....stranger things have happened....all that.

I'd even say that watching young players develop and gaining strength for next season would mean that this one isn't a waste but, it's HARD to believe right now, given the CURRENT state of this team, that I should be making SB reservations in J-Ville.

I would never say the season is a waste though.

Phinz4Life said:

It's not optimism. It's blind loyalty. ;)

There's nothing wrong with that if that's what you choose but it's hard to fault someone for seeing 4 years of failure and faulting the same path chosen once again.

pigskinguy said:

Even better, I would argue that this is the last good year for some of the vets on defense. They will be battered and worn down after trying to carry the team this season (more so than usual).

Combine that with age catching up with a few players. The best years of this defense will be in the rearview mirror.

So we have a lesser defense, questions at QB, HB and probably OL going into the 2005 season.

If I had hope Wanny could adapt on offense and let Feeley lead a passing attack? Then I'd have hope for this season. Instead I think Wanny continues to do what he has done for the past four years. :fire:

ZOD said:
It's not optimism. It's blind loyalty. ;)

There's nothing wrong with that if that's what you choose but it's hard to fault someone for seeing 4 years of failure and faulting the same path chosen once again.
Blind loyalty, blind optimism, I'm guilty of both. I've always said that and it's true, nothing will get me down. We'ze gonna do GOOD this year! :D

This is typical Dave. :shakeno:

He's playing it close to the vest starting Jay, and he knows he can always count on Fiedler to shoulder some of the blame when it eventually comes...

I'm not surprised in this decision to start Fiedler either. The plain facts apply.

1. QB AJ Feeley didn't dazzle as expected...
2. The current OL is struggling all around...
3. And the running game is non-existant.

Fiedler is one of the only guys I know on offense who is possibly capable of handling this kind of pressure. I know he's a leader, and I know he can keep his cool under the microscope....

QB AJ Feeley could be a great QB one day IMO, maybe in 2005, but right now he's not proven he can lead this team as the starting QB. I'm pissed too. :fire: I was expecting him to dominate during TC this off-season....

PHINZ RULE!!! :evil:

BLITZKRIEG said:

He's playing it close to the vest starting Jay, and he knows he can always count on Fiedler to shoulder some of the blame when it eventually comes...

I'm not surprised in this decision to start Fiedler either. The plain facts apply.

Fiedler is one of the only guys I know on offense who is possibly capable of handling this kind of pressure. I know he's a leader, and I know he can keep his cool under the microscope....

QB AJ Feeley could be a great QB one day IMO, maybe in 2005, but right now he's not proven he can lead this team as the starting QB. I'm pissed too. :fire: I was expecting him to dominate during TC this off-season....

The jump from the WCO to our offense was just too great for him to over come during the preseason, I just hope he isn't a "system" QB....otherwise, I believe that he has the talent AND the intangibles to take over the job eventually.

BLITZKRIEG said:

Feeley may not have dazzled during the preseason, but he did improve everytime he went out there. The offense also moved the ball a lot better when he was the QB than when Jay was the QB. Something has to be said for the continued improvement that AJ was showing as well as the fact that the offense was better with him at the helm.

So we have a lesser defense, questions at QB, HB and probably OL going into the 2005 season.

Yes the defense would definetley be on the decline for the most part......
But i believe this O-line has great potential.... By next year they should be above average...IMO

Feeley will most likely see time this year, and could be the QB of the future....
SO this upcoming offseason we can aquire/draft QB & RB...
Personally i see good things for this offense by next season, based on the youth/talent of the O-line, promise Feeley shows, and amount of picks we have this year compared to years past.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom