Awesome Brian Hartline Interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Awesome Brian Hartline Interview

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Getting ready for the 2010 season, Brian took a moment out of his schedule to answer a few questions, here’s what he had to say.

BW: What has the past year been like for you?
BH: Its been pretty unreal. It has gone by so fast it has been hard to let it sink in. But, i catch myself all the time thinking about how blessed I am to be a Miami Dolphin and how great it is living in south Florida.

BW: Tell me about the experience on draft day? What were you doing?

BH: It was a crazy experience. I was down at my parents little lake house with the family, listening to the draft on satellite radio. You get so nervous and worked up about the whole thing but the moment you relax and just understand “whatever happens, happens”, you’ll be fine. And thats what happen to me. The moment I went inside to relax and get some A/C, my phone rang.

BW: Who has been the most influential coach at any level of your football career?

BH:Thats a loaded question. I actually have three coaches that come to mind. When you say most influential coach, I think of my HS track coach Chad Palmer. We spent a lot of time together teaching my how to hurdle and run and so forth. And when you win a couple state titles, like i did my senior year, you can feel how we both knew we did it together. It wasn’t just him teaching me or me running. We were a team and we both knew that. The when you say football coaches, I say my WR coach at OSU Darrell Hazel, who made me the WR I am today and my HS football coach Jack Rose. Those two coaches were very influential in helping me get to where I am at today.

BW: What about team mate? Who influenced you the most?

BH: I never really had a teammate that was most influential. I guess if I had to pick one I would say my current teammate, Ted Ginn. He pushed my back in HS when we competed against one another in HS track. We then went on to push one another at OSU and now we are pushing each other once again here with the Miami Dolphins.

BW: How did you first get into football?

BH: I was always a huge football fan. Started with my dad in the backyard.

http://sportsjabber.net/2010/04/01/interview-with-brian-hartline-wr-miami-dolphins/

Real Awesome Interview. I really hope this kid is our Miles Austin in the making. The fire he plays with is just amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hartline is my boy right now, I am rootin for him more than anyone on the team right now. I even bought a (custom) Hartline jersey that I will wear every week. I love the heart he plays with, just a pure talent. Reminds me of a Welker... but with more potential earlier in his career.

Talked to my boy last week, he 's been hitting the weights hard. Supposed to be meeting up with him and some friends in 2 weeks, I'll keep you posted!

What a find! More than makes up for Murphy. From a speed standpoint, it's nice to know that he used to run track against Teddy. This kid seems to be well-grounded and take the commitment for professional improvement seriously. I'd think he also would have a chip on his shoulder proving the teams that passed on him in the 3rd round wrong. He's gonna be a keeper for quite some time.

Great find, thanks for sharing. Hartline plays with a lot of heart and I think he will be solid for us for years.

I really like that kid. He's going to be really good, maybe bordering on great. Especially since Henne hand picked him and there's definately chemistry between the two of them.
I just wish some of his influence and pushing would stick to Teddy.

Interviews like this really get me pumped for football!!!

Hartline is the man.

I can't wait til the season starts...

I didnt know they competed against one another in HS track. Hard to believe anyone would beat Ginn at running. But Hartline won state titles.

Back
Top Bottom