Awesome game by the New England Officials...err, I mean Patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Awesome game by the New England Officials...err, I mean Patriots

It is a still of an action shot. Look at the replay; he never pulled his facemask.

Now look at all of the crappy spots and BS penalties on Buffalo in the 4th quarter. How much longer will you chowderheads live in denial? YOUR TEAM GETS PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FROM THE OFFICIATING CREWS.

B-LO said:
It is a still of an action shot. Look at the replay; he never pulled his facemask.

Now look at all of the crappy spots and BS penalties on Buffalo in the 4th quarter. How much longer will you chowderheads live in denial? YOUR TEAM GETS PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT FROM THE OFFICIATING CREWS.

Of course he didn't, as that would mean the Bills had a non-call that led to points and would discount your entire point.

I've watched it over and over, he grabbed a handfull of facemask. No call. 7 points for the Bills.

No big deal, there were other calls that weren't made for both teams. Just pointning out that it wasn't completely one-sided. And for you to dismiss it is pure comedy.

Dirtywater said:
Of course he didn't, as that would mean the Bills had a non-call that led to points and would discount your entire point.

I've watched it over and over, he grabbed a handfull of facemask. No call. 7 points for the Bills.

No big deal, there were other calls that weren't made for both teams. Just pointning out that it wasn't completely one-sided. And for you to dismiss it is pure comedy.
New England had one penalty for five yards, numerous questionable spots, and were given two bogus penalties to kill Buffalo's 4th quarter scoring attempts.

It was one-sided.

I don't like to complain, but I have to agree the officiating was far more beneficial to the pats than it was to the bills. At any rate the bills should have won that game, but I can't help feeling like we got one stolen from us.

Wagon Circler said:
I don't like to complain, but I have to agree the officiating was far more beneficial to the pats than it was to the bills. At any rate the bills should have won that game, but I can't help feeling like we got one stolen from us.

Hey WC, I hear you, but I am curious for your take on the Spikes/Brady first play facemask.

Either way, you guys played a tough game. Much respek.

Dirtywater said:
Shhh, it's not cool to admit they missed calls on both sides. Like how about your blatent false start or the first play of the game, when you got your TD when they should have called a facemask penalty:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/09/10/1157923859_0908.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060910/capt.c16ab0653fda4b9b9937c1b3ff7064f6.bills_patriots_football_mack101.jpg

Nah, let's not admit they missed calls on both sides. Just blame the the Pats. :rolleyes:

Yeah... Brady's missing his halo

NewEra8 said:
Yeah... Brady's missing his halo

Zing! ... and thanks for adding your insight into the discussion. :goof:

I haven't had the opportunity to rewatch the Spikes hit, so it's hard to say DW. Like another bills fan said earlier, that's a still shot, so it can be deceptive in a situation like that. I really don't know. I'd like to believe it was clean, but I just don't know.

I'm not sure of the rule, but would the facemask call back the INT? If you watch the replay Spikes left hand doesn't even touch Brady until the ball is already out. Would that make it inforced at the end of the play, or call it back?

Anyway, as far as it being a facemask, I don't know. The pictures obviously make it look that way, but its very possible Brady jerked his head around the second Spikes hand got close, players do it all the time. I just don't understand why Spikes, after already knocking the ball out, would grab facemask. I want to see a close up, slow mo replay.

Too funny. WHen it happenes against the Bills, it's "a still from an action shot" and doesn't really show a face mask penalty. :lol:

Oh man, sore losers kill me. :sidelol:

I actually agree with some of the Bills fans here, that there were more penalties called against them, but it wasn't to the point of altering the game in a deceitful way. And if you're going to cry foul about it, you need to be man enough to step up to the plate and admit where you got away with them yourself.

Back
Top Bottom