Back on the Spielman Bandwagon..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Back on the Spielman Bandwagon.....

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Although he was made a fool of by Minnesota........I believe he has come out of this draft so far 2 for 2.....I think he has two contributors.......

If Will Poole had run lights out at his workout he would have taken Dunta Robinsons place..........

IMO, Sam Madison is now playing his final year in a Dolphin Uniform unless he moves to Free Safety.......

My Projection? 2005 starting CB's.....Pat Surtain and Will Poole.

Madison just re-structured his contract, and you are predicting this is his last year in a Miami jersey just because we drafted Poole? We don't even know If Poole will beat out Howard for the Nickel Spot. BTW, he was not made a fool of by Minnesota.

They better not spend all that money to howard for him to be a fourth COrnerback.. im for sure Howard will be third CB and our first backup incase of an injury.. however next year, i think it will be the best two playerrs to come out..

Welcome back to the Spielman Bandwagon! :)

Suratin/Poole in 2005? Could be. Only problem is that with Madison's restructuring, it would cost us a lot to move him/cut him next year and I don't think Mad Dog tackles well enough to play safety. I'm not sure how the situation will shake itself out right now, but I do think we're in excellent shape at a very important position. And that's not bad at all.

Madisons re-structure allows for us to cut him next year at much less a cap hit than had we not re-structured.....as for Minnesota making a fool out of Spielman.......I got Glazer, Werder, and Kiper confirming that NE's target was Wilfork or Udeze and Dallas only wanted to trade up for one guy: Shawn Andrews...........

We wuz robbed.......

We also robbed every other GM in the league of a 1st round talent in the 4th round.

As for Madison not being able to play Free Safety.....I got two words.....Merton Hanks.......

Section126 said:
Madisons re-structure allows for us to cut him next year at much less a cap hit than had we not re-structured.....as for Minnesota making a fool out of Spielman.......I got Glazer, Werder, and Kiper confirming that NE's target was Wilfork or Udeze and Dallas only wanted to trade up for one guy: Shawn Andrews...........

We wuz robbed.......

We also robbed every other GM in the league of a 1st round talent in the 4th round.
talk to em section 126 :woot:

You have got to be a complete IDIOT to believe that a Professional football team would go through the trouble of "fooling" or "skooling" another team just to get a 4th round pick. Just to entertain the thought that a General Manager of a Professional Football Team would get "robbed" by being forced to trade their 4th round pick to pick a player that they covet, a player that was courted by other teams, a player that by any respectable draft site was a TOP O-LINEMAN at EITHER GUARD OR TACKLE, it is INSANE to have such vitriol when discussing this issue. And then, to believe all is ok just because the GM (which knows the team much better than "you" do, is more intimate in the machinations of the team's player aquisitions and deletions) just because he picked an excellent CB in round 4 (a pick he traded to get... how good would it have been if he picked Poole in round 3??? is he still brilliant? idiot).... you are a lunatic.

ModNote: TeeMoney, you know the rules here about personal attacks -- you've been warned about this before -- and you just decided to ignore the rules. What do you think happens when you repeatedly violate the rules here? That's right; -- you get suspended. You can have a few hours to read today without being able to post. And when we lift the posting ban, I'd recommend you adhere to the house rules with great care.

P4E

Last edited by a moderator:
Section126 said:
Madisons re-structure allows for us to cut him next year at much less a cap hit than had we not re-structured

Completely and utterly wrong. He's got something like 3 signing bonuses. His original, one from a restructure a while ago and one from this restructure. Approximately $10 million or so in bonuses left (would have to double check with Clump on that one) If he's released in the next 3 years it will be a big hit.

You guys don't get that we committed to him for about 3 years with that last deal.

TeeMoney said:
You have got to be a complete IDIOT to believe that a Professional football team would go through the trouble of "fooling" or "skooling" another team just to get a 4th round pick. Just to entertain the thought that a General Manager of a Professional Football Team would get "robbed" by being forced to trade their 4th round pick to pick a player that they covet, a player that was courted by other teams, a player that by any respectable draft site was a TOP O-LINEMAN at EITHER GUARD OR TACKLE, it is INSANE to have such vitriol when discussing this issue. And then, to believe all is ok just because the GM (which knows the team much better than "you" do, is more intimate in the machinations of the team's player aquisitions and deletions) just because he picked an excellent CB in round 4 (a pick he traded to get... how good would it have been if he picked Poole in round 3??? is he still brilliant? idiot).... you are a lunatic.

When you get a call for your pick at 19, that then becomes an opportunity to rip off the team at 20 by misrepresenting which player the caller wanted.....The fact was that Pioli was nervous about us taking Wilfork and Minnesota played us against the Pats, and we bit.....NE probably said to itself....If Miami takes Wilfork....the worst case scenario is we trade down......Spielman obviously was nervous enough pull the trigger....I believe that losing Carey to Spielman would have been a disaster for the Fins board...and that is why he traded that pick......

As for Minnesota picking Carey.....Bull$hit. A 4th round pick is not enough incentive to keep you from taking the player you targeted......

We were duped.

And BTW, stop with insults.

VanDolPhan said:
Completely and utterly wrong. He's got something like 3 signing bonuses. His original, one from a restructure a while ago and one from this restructure. Approximately $10 million or so in bonuses left (would have to double check with Clump on that one) If he's released in the next 3 years it will be a big hit.

You guys don't get that we committed to him for about 3 years with that last deal.

Got em!! :roflmao:

VanDolPhan said:

As per Clump's update....didn't it say that we moved most of his bonus onto this season and next? Which would mean that he could be cut for nothing in 2006 and for about 20% in 2005?

I think we are reading it wrong.....Clump can clarify.....

I was never off the bandwagon, but I was on the edge yesterday waiting for reason to jump off. The Poole pick and information about why we traded up (which may not have been necessary but did avoid substantial risk at minimum) have made me a bit more comfortable. After all, RS is the guy who got us Boston. He's gotta at least be okay. Hopefully, he'll learn lessons from this year and be better next time around.

Back
Top Bottom