Back on the Spielman Bandwagon..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Back on the Spielman Bandwagon.....

Section126 said:
As per Clump's update....didn't it say that we moved most of his bonus onto this season and next? Which would mean that he could be cut for nothing in 2006 and for about 20% in 2005?

I think we are reading it wrong.....Clump can clarify.....

You can't do that with bonuses. Bonuses are spread amongst the life of a contract.

And stop acting like you know exactly what happened with the draft cause lets face it you don't.

NE and Dallas were both on the phone with the Vikings. NE was confirmed by Carey to have spoken to him on the phone during the draft. Dallas also immediately dropped out of the first round as soon as Carey went off the board.

So lets knock it off with the duped crap. When you got 3 guys on your draft list and 2 are gone (one being leaped in front of you) and your 3rd guy is on the edge and you know NE and Dallas are on the phone with the team in front of you that you do what you have to and keep the guy that you want.

Section126 said:
As per Clump's update....didn't it say that we moved most of his bonus onto this season and next? Which would mean that he could be cut for nothing in 2006 and for about 20% in 2005?

I think we are reading it wrong.....Clump can clarify.....
i believe we are reading correctly but let clump verify..i also believe he can be cut after next year.

Thats not what it looks like on the Cap Page.....We need Clump to clarify.....

And I am not saying that I was in the draft room and on the phone with Pioli and Parcells....I AM SAYING THAT EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN REPORTED POINTS TO SPIELMAN BEING DUPED.

That is it.

Section126 said:
Thats not what it looks like on the Cap Page.....We need Clump to clarify.....

And I am not saying that I was in the draft room and on the phone with Pioli and Parcells....I AM SAYING THAT EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN REPORTED POINTS TO SPIELMAN BEING DUPED.

That is it.

No that is your damn opinion that your stating as fact.

Larry Allen was also declared off the trade block after the first day of the draft. Read up on stuff cause it sure sounds like either NE or Dallas would have scooped him.

Really why would either team have to jump ahead when everyone and their mother knew Minny was taking Udeze and Miami an OL.

Wish people would use some frickin common sense.

I dont think he was duped. Carey might not have been NE/Dallas's target player, but they both had legit needs at OG and could well have traded up to grab him. Rick was just avoiding the risk of losing a good player at a need position for us. Good move.

VanDolPhan said:
No that is your damn opinion that your stating as fact.

Well, it is MY DAMN OPINION that is supported by all the reports that have been mentioned....Why does it bother you so much? Are you Rick Spielman? If you are...go back in the draft room and stop posting here.

Section126 said:
Well, it is MY DAMN OPINION that is supported by all the reports that have been mentioned....Why does it bother you so much? Are you Rick Spielman? If you are...go back in the draft room and stop posting here.

Supported by what? And I'll damn well post where I please when someone is showing such amazing ignorance. Read what you want if you are that damn ignorant to believe any team would admit that they lost out on the guy they truly wanted.

Miami truly wanted Andrews. You see them admitting that anywhere?

Why do we have to have the opinion/fact debate every time something controversial happens? We're all almost always arguing opinions supported to varying degrees by facts here, so it's just really not necessary. I understand that some of you like to use it as an argument, but you need to realize it's a rather weak one that is easy to overcome.

Section126 said:
That's the point! NE wanted Udeze or Wilfork! See? Now you got it!

They weren't getting Udeze for christ sakes. Everyone knew Vikings wanted him. My god boy use some common sense. NE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH CAREY.

VanDolPhan said:
Supported by what? And I'll damn well post where I please when someone is showing such amazing ignorance. Read what you want if you are that damn ignorant to believe any team would admit that they lost out on the guy they truly wanted.

Miami truly wanted Andrews. You see them admitting that anywhere?

Damn....you don't read.

What are you talking about?

Nobody has said that they lost out on the guy they truly wanted....anybody with a brain knows that NE did not want Carey and did want a D-Lineman...Carey doesn't even fit the mold for a Patriot lineman....as for Dallas...that is the mystery....but for the last time....I repeat....Werder, Glazer, and Kiper reported that the Cowboys were hot after Andrews and were then moved to trade down after he went to philly......they traded down because Andrews went, not because Carey went.....And don't tell me that they traded after Carey was picked because they consumated the trade when Losman was there for Buffalo......if not Buffalo would not have traded for the pick.

Stop with the sensitivity Rick.

VanDolPhan said:
They weren't getting Udeze for christ sakes. Everyone knew Vikings wanted him. My god boy use some common sense. NE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH CAREY.

If you think NE wanted Carey instead of Wilfork then I guess you must think that they wanted to use Carey to fill that Gapping hole in the middle of their 3-4 defense.

Sorry...you just lost the argument.

That's it I WIN!

Win what? Because you quoted Kiper? Give me a break. The guy can't even set up a decent mock draft.

Try reading the transcript where Rick says that he knew for a fact that both NE and Dallas were on the phone at the 19th pick (there goes your andrews theory). Carey also states that before the phins called that he was on the phone with NE. The sentinal and herald are both reporting it.

You on the other hand have still not shown anything that proves he was duped or that he was quote unquote a 'fool'.

Sounds like he's just picking and choosing articles or misrepresenting information to support his weak theory ("Miami Dupped"). It's standard practice for pessimists and bandwagon jumpers (note title of thread). Don't worry VanDolphan, I believe everyone knows he's out on a limb here.

Back
Top Bottom