Backup QB | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Backup QB

Cutler was signed for 10 after Tannehill got hurt. I think we either roll with skylar or sign someone cheap. If Tua goes down, you swing big and try to bring in Brady
I don't want Brady, we need someone better and more capable than Skyler. Say Tua goes down game 6 and we are 5-1, we're going to call Brady to come in ice cold and lead us to the SB land?

I don't want Brady, we need someone better and more capable than Skyler. Say Tua goes down game 6 and we are 5-1, we're going to call Brady to come in ice cold and lead us to the SB land?
Absolutely. That is the only realistic way we still make the SB if Tua goes down. There are no backups that will lead us to the promise land. The situation you described is actually perfect.

Absolutely. That is the only realistic way we still make the SB if Tua goes down. There are no backups that will lead us to the promise land. The situation you described is actually perfect.
Do you think SF makes the Super Bowl last year if Purdy stays healthy?

1) Its stuffy because it doesn't contain lil or bad .... right? /s?
2) Which show do I not get? I have a mid tier cable package & several streaming services
1) what? it's stuffy because it's ****ing "Stetson." Stuffy and Soft af.
2) You don't get the show!

Without throwing out any names... I'd like to sign a backup QB who is so cheap that we could easily cut him if Thompson beats him for the spot.

1) I assume that Thompson, like any young player will improve... and honestly, he wasn't bad.
2) If Tua goes down again... we're done. Oh, we might sneak into the playoffs, maybe even win a game, but there won't be a trophy obtained.
3) Two years in a row, we signed guys who have played well elsewhere, who then proceeded to play poorly for us. I think this is the norm, more than the exception.
...and finally, 4) We drafted Thompson with the idea that he could be a long-term, extremely cheap backup. Why abandon that idea now?
Would you consider drafting Stetson Bennett in round 6 or 7 To compete with Skylar?

So who do we bring in? Taylor Heineken? Baker Mayfield? Bring back Teddy “I dont really want to be here” Bridgewater?

Jimmy Garoppolo looks like he’s going to Houston. Anyone want the mummified remains of Andy Dalton? Bring back Jabroni Biscuit who actually had a decent season last year in Cleveland? What do we do?
I like Heinike as a back up. I think you could sign him to a 2-3 year contract and he'd be fine. Thompson is developmental, no way should he see the field this year.

Mike White fits. He's quick, throws well, gets the ball out fast, has starting experience, and is young enough to have a lil upside. He shouldn't be too expensive and is a hometown kid. Unlike Teddy 2 gloves, he has something to prove.

I agree with this.

Plus, if the Jets end up not acquiring Rodgers or Jackson, and Mike White ends up as Tua's backup, a lot of Jets fans are going to lose their minds. And that always makes me happy.

Nobody wants to hear this, but Ryan Tannehill is gonna end up somewhere, possibly as a backup.

Ryan Tannehill would be great and Chris Grier was part of the group that drafted him…

Back
Top Bottom