Backup QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Backup QB

Don’t give me QBR it’s such a flawed stat along with the “save “ in baseball. It’s just a dumb stat It’s what you do in the fourth quarter as a QB and he throws bad picks. I actually like him, he is a chance taker and has guts but doesn’t really fit. If Tua goes down you want a QB with similar traits and skills to step in.
And in todays NFL 62% is not that accurate
You can't use your argument against Minshew then be pro Skylar
Look at the difference and they are roughly the same age
Thompson is nowhere near the thrower Minshew is

Thompson needs to scramble about 1,000% more than he did last year to be even considered as a QB 2. He has great quickness and ability running. It's baffling how little he ran last year.

I never brought up Skylar
I’m indifferent but we can do better

I know this might not be popular, but I'd save the cap space and draft a quarterback to compete with Thompson.

A good backup is probably in the $7-10 million per year range. Miami could likely sign both Wilson and Mostert for around that.

I know Thompson wasn't great, but he should get better. If Tua goes down for an extended period, as others have said, the season is probably over anyway.

I’m leaning that way. Put that money towards DB’s or LB’s. I also still don’t understand why Skylar is one of the few rookies incapable of improving. I don’t think Tua as a rookie would have played better at Buffalo in the playoffs. I’m all aboard the Clayton Tune bandwagon.

Back
Top Bottom