Backup QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Backup QB

To me it’s Mike White or Baker Mayfield. I absolutely love Hendon Hooker, but I don’t see us spending one of our higher draft picks on a QB. However, if Hooker is sitting there at our 2nd 3rd rounder I would be tempted. If we already signed our backup then bye Skyler and Hooker would be #3 for a season.

Stetson Bennett

in the late rounds I wouldnt mind but Georgia is so well recruited that he could easily be a product of a system built for him to succeed. He wont have that luxury in the NFL

I think it’s been along time since we paid a back up less than 5 million a year. Usually we pay a lot more than that I believe.
I think teddy and Brissett made $5 million. I don’t think we’ll have the space this year. Neither one of those qbs could even win us one game.

I think teddy and Brissett made $5 million. I don’t think we’ll have the space this year. Neither one of those qbs could even win us one game.
Teddy made $6.5m with incentives that could’ve made it $10m.

Without throwing out any names... I'd like to sign a backup QB who is so cheap that we could easily cut him if Thompson beats him for the spot.

1) I assume that Thompson, like any young player will improve... and honestly, he wasn't bad.
2) If Tua goes down again... we're done. Oh, we might sneak into the playoffs, maybe even win a game, but there won't be a trophy obtained.
3) Two years in a row, we signed guys who have played well elsewhere, who then proceeded to play poorly for us. I think this is the norm, more than the exception.
...and finally, 4) We drafted Thompson with the idea that he could be a long-term, extremely cheap backup. Why abandon that idea now?

So who do we bring in? Taylor Heineken? Baker Mayfield? Bring back Teddy “I dont really want to be here” Bridgewater?

Jimmy Garoppolo looks like he’s going to Houston. Anyone want the mummified remains of Andy Dalton? Bring back Jabroni Biscuit who actually had a decent season last year in Cleveland? What do we do?
Of the names you mentioned I would think Baker Mayfield might be fit in this offense . With our weapons he could win us some games.

Read your scouting report. Don’t call us; we’ll call you.

“The Ghost” Scouting Report
Height: No
Weight: Still no
40-Yard Dash: Instantly
Strengths: Very hard to tackle, block…and see
Weakness: Can’t hold a football.
Opportunity: Bed sheet sponsorship
Threat: Crowd May Boo! in support

Now now @AquaHawk, @The Ghost has some good tape
Like Tua he is left handed.........................evilgrin0007.gif

I think Cutler was 10 and Teddy in the 7 range. Can't go cheap here, back up over rb

Read your scouting report. Don’t call us; we’ll call you.

“The Ghost” Scouting Report
Height: No
Weight: Still no
40-Yard Dash: Instantly
Strengths: Very hard to tackle, block…and see
Weakness: Can’t hold a football.
Opportunity: Bed sheet sponsorship
Threat: Crowd May Boo! in support
Broad jump: killed her.

To me it’s Mike White or Baker Mayfield. I absolutely love Hendon Hooker, but I don’t see us spending one of our higher draft picks on a QB. However, if Hooker is sitting there at our 2nd 3rd rounder I would be tempted. If we already signed our backup then bye Skyler and Hooker would be #3 for a season.

I see your point, but I feel Skylar will be a better option than anyone we will be able to draft this year.

Back
Top Bottom