Baker Peels Back Curtain On How Phins Operate and Other Notes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker Peels Back Curtain On How Phins Operate and Other Notes

When you lose your starting QB 2nd game 1st series, all bets are off. You have to look at Watson, as bad a decision as it was, it had to be done for the team. You also lose the promise of a competitive stretch that was going to be daunting at best, and impossible at worse. We learned that our back up QB is who many thought and the ol coach is at the high school level. Now the Tua's back you see more of a challenging spirit about the team, and coaching adjustments help. There is nothing more demoralizing than knowing you O is only good for 10-17 points a game, and your opponent knows that if they can just score first their chances of winning jump into the 70 percentile because of it. Baker pointed out what we needed to know about the D coaches at least.
The Texans lost Watson for much of his rookie season because of knee surgery but they didn’t go looking for another QB to replace him permanently.

I just think the lack of support Tua received from the front office and especially Ross and Grier before the trade deadline was detrimental to the team overall. Flores did the best he could under the circumstances by stating that Tua was the teams starting QB but all the rumors that Flores wanted Herbert and not Tua in the 2020 and that Flores and Tua don’t get along certainly didn’t help. Especially when the Dolphins were on a 7 game losing streak while those rumors were running rampant.

Just because they wrote a fluff piece based off of Bakes one experience doesn't mean there's not some kind of rif in the locker room. I'm not saying there is one, but I wouldn't just assume everything is rainbows and butterflies because of this.
You clearly have not been watching the players the last few weeks.

Oh man this is awkward. Who’s going to tell baker he sucks at coverage? Great job by coaches finally realizing this. He’s a great pass rusher and can be used sparingly in coverage for deception coverage but if he’s in coverage more than 5-8 times then we’ve failed.

He was much better in coverage before. He's really fallen off the early part of the season. He looked out of shape if i'm being honest.

I never liked him as a Mike type backer. He's never had the physicality or thump.

I believe all the Watson speculation did impact the team and Tua. I blame Grier and Ross for this because they could have come out and ended all the speculation by stating that the Dolphins had no interest in trading for Watson and Tua was the future for this team at QB.

It’s not surprising to me at all that the team and Tua have played their best football once the trade deadline expired. Hopefully the play of Tua will now end any speculation of the Dolphins trading for Watson or any other QB and the Dolphins can use all the draft picks they might have traded for Watson to continue to build around Tua and upgrade the defense.
They couldn't come out and say this because they did have interest in trading for Watson

Oh man this is awkward. Who’s going to tell baker he sucks at coverage? Great job by coaches finally realizing this. He’s a great pass rusher and can be used sparingly in coverage for deception coverage but if he’s in coverage more than 5-8 times then we’ve failed.
He actually compares favorably to most coverage LBs across the league. You can’t just knock guys on their butts anymore and a lot of LBs have seen spikes in their rating. The league is about adjustments and coaching. I still think we’re lucky to have him. Especially with the new contract.

You clearly have not been watching the players the last few weeks.
Stop. Of course I have. They've been a lot more in sync in the month of November. Winning fixes things. But that doesn't mean things weren't bad earlier in the year

I was thinking the same thing!! They Psyop'ed the eff out of him. My Job in the Army is Psyop and I can tell you now, they clearly mastered it in this situation. They didn't even tell him his coverage was bad, they did it in a way where he thinks he's the reason they changed it up and they complimented him while doing it. Bravo coaches!!! Lol

When you lose your starting QB 2nd game 1st series, all bets are off. You have to look at Watson, as bad a decision as it was, it had to be done for the team. You also lose the promise of a competitive stretch that was going to be daunting at best, and impossible at worse. We learned that our back up QB is who many thought and the ol coach is at the high school level. Now the Tua's back you see more of a challenging spirit about the team, and coaching adjustments help. There is nothing more demoralizing than knowing you O is only good for 10-17 points a game, and your opponent knows that if they can just score first their chances of winning jump into the 70 percentile because of it. Baker pointed out what we needed to know about the D coaches at least.
This might be the best post I have seen on the forum...Dead on!!

Just because they wrote a fluff piece based off of Bakes one experience doesn't mean there's not some kind of rif in the locker room. I'm not saying there is one, but I wouldn't just assume everything is rainbows and butterflies because of this.
They wouldn’t be playing the way they are if it wasn’t true.🙄

Back
Top Bottom