Balanced teams do not win Championships. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Balanced teams do not win Championships.

Disgustipate

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I dont understand all this talk of stripping down the Defense and going for offensive free agents.

When has the last time you saw a completely balanced team win the Super Bowl? It's by far more often a team that excels at ONE side of the ball. Last year? Defense. The year before? Defense. The year before? Defense. The year before? Offense.

We've got a Championship caliber defense. What we dont have, however, is at least the "average" opposing side of the ball.

Selling off our defense is a bad idea. Why mess with success? We dont need a ton of changes on offense. Our problem isnt a lack of WR's or QB. It's a complete neglect of a fundamental piece of the O by Wannstedt and Co.

Our offensive problems can be addressed through cheap FA's and the draft. We dont need to becoming dominating on offense. We need a few key pieces. And to get through this year without getting RW killed.

Loosing one or both of the QBs along with many of the veteran OL will free up a fair amount of cap space. We will also loose freeman, fletcher. I just hope we have enough cap space to get a servicable QB, OL and #2WR VIA FA & draft.

O-Line O-Line O-Line is a must...#1 thing to fix...I thought that Wanny had said that the O-Line was priority #1 last offseason and he did not do squat about it...please peps don't tell me that he tried to get G. Wandy and we did not...he was overpaid by the Saints...that's the arguement I'll hear...so we settled for a LT who never played one snap this offseason Mr. Dixon was injury prone and everyone knew this so we go to option #2 who is a rookie LT..you can't blame Wade Smith but he has just been getting worse man...he looked good in the beginning of the season and now he's play horrible...we needed a solid LT and we never got one...we tried but did not try hard enough...IMO!!!

I blame Wanny and Rick for this!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
O-Line O-Line O-Line is a must...#1 thing to fix...I thought that Wanny had said that the O-Line was priority #1 last offseason and he did not do squat about it...please peps don't tell me that he tried to get G. Wandy and we did not...he was overpaid by the Saints...that's the arguement I'll hear...so we settled for a LT who never played one snap this offseason Mr. Dixon was injury prone and everyone knew this so we go to option #2 who is a rookie LT..you can't blame Wade Smith but he has just been getting worse man...he looked good in the beginning of the season and now he's play horrible...we needed a solid LT and we never got one...we tried but did not try hard enough...IMO!!!

I blame Wanny and Rick for this!!!

LT is the #1 priority. I say loose Todd Wade, move wade smith over and get a vet LT.

Would have you overpaid for him now?
He is blocking for the #1 rushing leader in the NFC...he would have been an upgrade and I would have overpaid for him to have a better shot at the Superbowl...this team or should I say D is not getting any younger...the window is closing on this team.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Selling off our defense is a bad idea. Why mess with success? We dont need a ton of changes on offense. Our problem isnt a lack of WR's or QB. It's a complete neglect of a fundamental piece of the O by Wannstedt and Co.

Our offensive problems can be addressed through cheap FA's and the draft. We dont need to becoming dominating on offense. We need a few key pieces.

How many times have we heard this???.....Too many.

No offense, but you sound like Wanny himself....

Sorry, but I don't agree with you.

Nobody said sell off our defense. We just want more balance, and in order to get that balance, the defense will need to take a small hit. "Small" is the word I use to describe players like B. Marion / S. Madison / and T. Bowens. All of them are way overpriced, and nearing the end of their careers. They can be replaced, yes, it can be done.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

2003 New England Patriots.....

2003 Tennesee Titans....

2003 Indianapolis Colts.....

2003 Kansas City Chiefs.....

2003 Carolina Panthers.......

The list goes on.....but one thing is certain.

Balanced teams DO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

I could have lived w/o Knight...Seau has been a big improvement...I bet it could have been done if we never signed D.Thomp. and Knight...and maybe even cut J. Fletch.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
2003 New England Patriots.....Balanced? They can't run the ball!

2003 Tennesee Titans....Balanced? They can't stop the pass and can't run the ball!

2003 Indianapolis Colts.....Balanced? Their defense sucks!

2003 Kansas City Chiefs.....Balanced? Their defense sucks!

2003 Carolina Panthers.......Balanced? They have no passing game and can't stop the pass suddenly.

PHINZ RULE!!!

:confused: :confused: :lol: :lol:

2003 Tennesee Titans....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Okay, I'll give you a chance to retract this drivel.

Section 8,

You and I don't like eachother do we???....That's what I thought.

Un-balanced teams don't win championships....

If they did, we'd be one of them wouldn't we????...:confused:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

2003 Tennesee Titans....

PHINZ RULE!!!

New England - A very balanced team IMO. They added the defense they needed to in the 2002 off-season, and now they've just whipped our ***** for the division title.....

Tennessee - They have a very balanced team. Solid on both sides of the ball. Not dominating on either side, but balanced. Oh yeah, they look dominating against our offense didn't they??....:lol: :lol:

Indianapolis - Added defense, and are now one of the teams to beat in the AFC Championship race. I think you're confusing them with last years Colts. Their defense has improved....

Kansas City - Another team that only needed defense has gotten it. They are much tougher to beat than last year, and it's a direct result of adding defense. They aren't 11-2 because they're un-balanced....

Carolina - I'll retract Carolina on this one, but they'll be very a balanced team next year. They are more balanced than we are....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Dude, it has already been made clear to you that Un-balanced teams HAVE won championships........

Read the freakin posts, in fact read your post that I altered!

Get a grip, your'e freaking out.

Back
Top Bottom