Barry Jackson: Dolphin Tidbits | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Dolphin Tidbits

Misi was very solid last season. He was great against the run and was making some very hard hits on people. I remember him missing the 9ers game and I really noticed his absence in our run defense. He may never turn into the pass rusher we all hoped, but he holds a lot of value on this team.

He plays angry

Misi played the game the way it's supposed to be played last year.... some of the time. I like the way this position went from a 'no depth' almost a liability to a well stocked position with some options for the coaching staff. This may allow us to bring Jordan along a little slower than we would have in years past. A lot depends on where Jordan and Odrick "fit" in the D.

The Misi comments are interesting. I always thought he was pretty good against the run, but a BIG liability in pass coverage for us. I still feel he's a two down LB, but what do I know, I don't invest the amount of time like our coaches do when reviewing players, but I like what I'm hearing about him. I can't wait for the pads to come on so we can start reading the camp reports.

When drafted, the former regime was touting his pass defense skills, especially covering TE's. He is good but not great player in pass defense IMHO.
He strikes me as the type of player that comes along slowly, learning the position as he matures...the old school method.
I actually think we have a pretty good player in Misi and his best years are still in front of him.

When drafted, the former regime was touting his pass defense skills, especially covering TE's. He is good but not great player in pass defense IMHO.
He strikes me as the type of player that comes along slowly, learning the position as he matures...the old school method.
I actually think we have a pretty good player in Misi and his best years are still in front of him.

Good point, and I believe playing different positions in different schemes did not help his development. As I've posted before, JT said that Misi is going to be a VG pass rusher, and it was not prompted by a question. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom