Barry Jackson: Notes on Ireland/Fins not Drawing Ratings or Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Notes on Ireland/Fins not Drawing Ratings or Fans

It's extremely boring football. This is supposed to be entertainment, but it most certainly isn't. If I were an average fan, I wouldn't watch it, especially this weekend.

A decade of mediocrity would certainly do that...

Last edited by a moderator:
The plan of simply signing "our guys" back and improving through the draft will not cut it...esp. with the draft being kind of ho-hum.

Being aggressive in signing offensive weapons is necs. IMO.

For me, i have accepted the dolphins for who they are. Because i have seen the 80's and the 90's dolphins. Don't get me wrong, i still want to see them win and do good but my 10 yr old son. Poor guy just warming up to the dolphins and all he ever say is "man, the dolphins always lose." it is becoming so unnatural. Things need to change soon. Before my son start warming up to the cfl. That would suck!

That's why I don't think we'll be resigning many of our guys. Hartline and Reshad Jones extensions are the only guarantees. What's the point of bringing back mediocre players that aren't impact players and can't win?

The plan of simply signing "our guys" back and improving through the draft will not cut it...esp. with the draft being kind of ho-hum.

Being aggressive in signing offensive weapons is necs. IMO.

I agree. The question is does Ross realize this? Because Ireland doesn't, and I'm sure he doesn't care. He has the "I won't overpay and take risks" attitude, because Ireland is generally void of a sack. Ross has to make it clear to Ireland that he'll be spending money on a big-time WR in FA whether he likes it or not, or it probably won't happen.

Notice how he said he's intrigued by that losers size and soeed? As I said before he watches metrics only not actual game film. God I hate Ireland and MiamiMiami

Ross and Ireland, the blind leading the blind.

Interesting comments by Hartline.

You have eight games a year in the fall to watch NFL football.

Is that what he calls it? They may not be at the beach, but they're likely doing something more entertaining than watching what the Dolphins are currently providing, including Mister 1 TD.

Ross sees improvement and still has faith in his GM. :bobdole:

The firing of Ireland will give this team, and south florida fan base...that buy the majority of the tickets... new optimism. Nothing else will.

Another offseason and draft from Ireland will not sustantually improve this team. Ross is probably giving Irelands release a lot of thought right now.

Back
Top Bottom