Barry Jackson: Notes on Ireland/Fins not Drawing Ratings or Fans | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Notes on Ireland/Fins not Drawing Ratings or Fans

Bring back Reggie Bush (even if you have to overpay a little) and bring in Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, or find a way to make both of them happen with that big chunk of money we'll be saving from watching Jake Long get overpaid elsewhere.

That might get people interested. Gonzo is spot on when he says that the problem is not just losing football, but boring football. I could not agree more. This is a team that can't put up a lot of points, and isn't physically dominant enough to be interesting in that respect. You want to be bored out of your mind, go back and watch that first Bills/Dolphins game or maybe the first half against Seattle. It'll put you into a coma.

I agree. The question is does Ross realize this? Because Ireland doesn't, and I'm sure he doesn't care. He has the "I won't overpay and take risks" attitude, because Ireland is generally void of a sack. Ross has to make it clear to Ireland that he'll be spending money on a big-time WR in FA whether he likes it or not, or it probably won't happen.

Sorry but I don't want an owner who doesn't know football putting pressure on a GM to do something just to make something "big" happen. "Void of sack" is bad but "Void of intelligence" is worse. This is the same mentality that got us Culpepper and Trent Green.

Back
Top Bottom