Barry Jackson On Why The Sky Is Not Falling For The Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson On Why The Sky Is Not Falling For The Dolphins

please keep it "positive" the article is about what is good. not sure why people need to take this in a "negative" direction. it would be nice to have a productive discussion about the actual points in the article, some of which are good food for thought!

There are some good points, particularly about the look ahead to 2025. There's work to be done, but Wilkins is still the biggest gut punch for me.

I appreciate you posting the article.

Let the rest go is my advice.
thank you it would be nice if you shared the same advice with you know who and all others.....but you are right and your advice is much appreciated...it aint worth the agita

I saw Sheldon Rankins is still out there. If he could be had on a decent deal, that would really help us at DT. While he's not the tackling machine Wilkins was, he was an effective pass rusher last year with 6 sacks from the interior.

I saw Sheldon Rankins is still out there. If he could be had on a decent deal, that would really help us at DT. While he's not the tackling machine Wilkins was, he was an effective pass rusher last year with 6 sacks from the interior.

i dont know much about rankins but they need another body in there. also dont know how the new dc views this. the ravens were highly rotational, so assuming weaver does same thing here, they need bodies!

look i posted something "positive" and nobody cares. guess you fellas must secretly like the "negative" stuff. so interesting!
100 negative posts and 1 positive post doesn’t change the fact you love posting negative comments about the Dolphins.
I happen to be a glass half full individual. So reading your constant negativity isn’t something I enjoy but at least I haven’t put you on ignore YET.

interesting follow up. fwiw hunter renfrow is now out there. also in addition to OL, i think they need to add a CB at some point because hard to know about cam smith:

The Dolphins became cap compliant ahead of the start of the new league year after freeing about $29 million through salary conversions on Monday. But Miami enters Wednesday with about $1 million in cap space and this does not account for the signings of Needham and Jones — who all received very modest deals. Miami is also expected to get millions in cap relief from left tackle Terron Armstead’s reworked deal. But more cap-saving moves will be needed to fit in the team’s new additions — and continue to make more moves. Miami still needs to add at least two accomplished defensive linemen to make up for recent losses, one or two interior offensive linemen, wide receiver depth and possibly a starting cornerback.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article286106871.html#storylink=cpy

It's tough to see home-grown players walk, especially good players.
But this is no longer the NFL of old. You can't resign guards and DT's for that amount unless it's Aaron Donald.
Emotion has to be set aside for prudence. With an offensive head coach, keep the O together and keep rotating the D.
A "re-build" doesn't even have the same meaning anymore. The window is so small till drafted players' contracts expire and guys blow through their primes, you HAVE TO just keep drafting well and plugging FA losses. That's why those comp picks matter so much. Glad to see Miami is finally working the comps.

I am not sure I follow his point about the Jets, because Aaron Rodgers only took 3 snaps. But beyond that I do think he makes interesting points about the Dolphins offseason. Following is the article:

Nice article, it;s basically what many of us have been saying. My question to you, is what do you think of it? What do you agree with and what do you disagree with in the article?

100 negative posts and 1 positive post doesn’t change the fact you love posting negative comments about the Dolphins.
I happen to be a glass half full individual. So reading your constant negativity isn’t something I enjoy but at least I haven’t put you on ignore YET.
You're a "glass half full individual", but you ignored a positive/looking forward post and talk about ignoring a fan of the team we all root for? Seems kind of odd to me, IMO.

interesting follow up. fwiw hunter renfrow is now out there. also in addition to OL, i think they need to add a CB at some point because hard to know about cam smith:

The Dolphins became cap compliant ahead of the start of the new league year after freeing about $29 million through salary conversions on Monday. But Miami enters Wednesday with about $1 million in cap space and this does not account for the signings of Needham and Jones — who all received very modest deals. Miami is also expected to get millions in cap relief from left tackle Terron Armstead’s reworked deal. But more cap-saving moves will be needed to fit in the team’s new additions — and continue to make more moves. Miami still needs to add at least two accomplished defensive linemen to make up for recent losses, one or two interior offensive linemen, wide receiver depth and possibly a starting cornerback.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article286106871.html#storylink=cpy
Hunter Renfrow would be really nice as WR3, I wonder how much will he command.

Lol the best writers are the drivers of the “the sky is falling train”

You're a "glass half full individual", but you ignored a positive/looking forward post and talk about ignoring a fan of the team we all root for? Seems kind of odd to me, IMO.
I appreciated the positive post but the OP was the individual who pointed out that he was posting a positive review of the Dolphins. Since he knows that the vast majority of his posts regarding the Dolphins are negative.

He should have just posted the comments from Barry Jackson without pointing out that he was posting a positive
post and just left it at that.

Back
Top Bottom