Barry Jackson On Why The Sky Is Not Falling For The Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson On Why The Sky Is Not Falling For The Dolphins

Unfortunate truth:

"Let’s be real about this, too: Even with Wilkins, Hunt, Baker and Howard, there was no indication that this team — as currently composed — was good enough to beat the Patrick Mahomes-led Chiefs.

So if you were going to judge this rebuild by whether they make a Super Bowl, then the blame lies primarily with not finding a generational quarterback. But don’t get me started on how they mishandled the 2019 tank."

I agree with Barry. This build has two more years.
Totally, that’s exactly where we are right now and they’ve made the right moves so far as to letting high priced guys walk, building comp picks and re- establishing our cap position so hardly any of the one year specials we are signing now are owed money after ‘24. Can still improve the offense this year while set up with a ton of picks and money to spend in ‘25.

Fail the next two years and ya, will have to say the rebuild was a total failure rather than failed to date.

Unfortunately internet whining doesn’t win games, playoff games or SB’s although I get how cathartic it is to vent from time to time, have been there myself plenty.

look i posted something "positive" and nobody cares. guess you fellas must secretly like the "negative" stuff. so interesting!
The source of it is not really that interesting. You've made a number of threads that weren't well-received...whether logical or not, fair or not, right/wrong/indifferent, its just fact. That sets a reputation. I never got spun up on your stuff either way, but many did, and they have a memory.

Then you self-admittedly make your first positive thread and expect a full rebound of member support within a couple of hours. Not gonna happen, its just the nature of the medium. If you're looking for a particular level of validation, read the room and go from there.

Thanks for posting the article!

Totally, that’s exactly where we are right now and they’ve made the right moves so far as to letting high priced guys walk, building comp picks and re- establishing our cap position so hardly any of the one year specials we are signing now are owed money after ‘24. Can still improve the offense this year while set up with a ton of picks and money to spend in ‘25.

Fail the next two years and ya, will have to say the rebuild was a total failure rather than failed to date.

Unfortunately internet whining doesn’t win games, playoff games or SB’s although I get how cathartic it is to vent from time to time, have been there myself plenty.
Yes we are entering year 3 of all in mode. We should contend next year and then we are loaded with assets in 25. If we underachieve then blow it all the way up and start over

Yes we are entering year 3 of all in mode. We should contend next year and then we are loaded with assets in 25. If we underachieve then blow it all the way up and start over
It’s the circle of NFL life!

Although depending on what 2026 looks like, you either rebuild or reload

It’s the circle of NFL life!

Although depending on what 2026 looks like, you either rebuild or reload
Right but if we don’t win a playoff game by then Grier, McD & Tua probably will be gone. In the end we need some positive results. Maybe reach afc title game or something. This group has two years

I am not sure I follow his point about the Jets, because Aaron Rodgers only took 3 snaps. But beyond that I do think he makes interesting points about the Dolphins offseason. Following is the article:

I don't agree with his use of the term failure.

If we got better, it was a success!

If we didn't get everything we wanted, then it just wasn't good enough - and that's enough to justify replacement, as long as the replacements do better!

Right but if we don’t win a playoff game by then Grier, McD & Tua probably will be gone. In the end we need some positive results. Maybe reach afc title game or something. This group has two years

What's your over/under on that?

There are some good points, particularly about the look ahead to 2025. There's work to be done, but Wilkins is still the biggest gut punch for me.
I feel like that almost forces Miami to take a DT early. Grier must feel confident he can fill that void.

I think Miami has done some good things. Brewer, Brooks, Smith at TE and Poyer.

But let's not pretend that more talent hasn't left the building.

Back
Top Bottom