Barry Jackson's Dolphins Report, tons of news | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson's Dolphins Report, tons of news

I just want to see who we take with 12.
If there is one thing Tony knows its the O line I don't question much he does as far as that goes.

That really makes it sound like were going free safety at 12. He said they are looking for a starter caliber safety and the only free agent left is sharper who we are not after. sounds like were picking berry or earl thomas, whichever is there.

Hey we re on a youth movement no doubt about it hate to be a vet on this team. Nest year we fil the gaps with a vet but this year it is all about the draft. Sounds like Bill and Ireland are more determined to make if happen in the draft this year more than ever. Did you notice the comment about that>

That really makes it sound like were going free safety at 12. He said they are looking for a starter caliber safety and the only free agent left is sharper who we are not after. sounds like were picking berry or earl thomas, whichever is there.

I bet they're interested in Sharper, but maybe trying to keep the offer price down. Nobody's jumping for him, so they can afford to wait a while. I believe they'll go NT in the first. You'd have to be VERY sure about a rookie safety to stick him in as a starter from day one - I can't believe Miami will do that.

It does seem like they're making a lot of cuts to the roster. Sure it's risky (esp as Sparano seems to value continuity a lot) but the combination of an active FA when a lot fo teams are reorganising without salary cap fears and a stacked draft year - no better time to clean out the closet.

I think Sparano has tried to give a core number of players the games to prove to him they can be AFC champ players. That has come at the expense of some fringe players who really should have had more time on the pitch. Some obviously haven't worked out and he's moving them on rather than keeping them as baggage. I think next next season we'll see a lot more players from the squad being rotated to work out the best core group for the near future.

I still dont know why they are giving up on Smiley? I mean your just creating a hole that needs to be filled. I say if its not broken dont fix it, and our line isnt broken.

I still hope they sign J.T. dude played out of position, played hurt and is a leader. What more do you want from a player.

Im really starting to question these off season moves.
Because he's getting payed 3+ million a year. That's the reason. He's a good guard but he's shown time and time again both here and San Fran he will not stay healthy. I'm not opposed to getting rid of him at all. We have 3 good guards in Garner, Richie, and Thomas. We need to get healthier on the inside, getting rid of Smiley, and hopefully finding a guard later in the draft addresses that.

yeah the smiley thing doesn't make sense

i mean it would be one thing if a team had straight up offered us a 3rd then i would be all over it

but the fact that they have basically broadcasted that they aren't keeping him(he wasn't even invited to team workouts) has made his stock plummet

getting a 4th or 5th rounder for a key part of our line is unacceptable, especially given that Incognito is an unknown
I think it's safe to say that he's not a key part of our line any more. Garner has shown to be just as good, and Richie has always been a pretty good guard, and we still have Thomas. Get rid of Smiley and try to get healthier in the interior. Two years in a row now our running game and offense really suffered towards the end because both times our interior was riddled with injuries. I'm tired of it, good to see we're addressing it. I imagine we're going to draft a guard somewhere in the draft as well.

I still dont know why they are giving up on Smiley? I mean your just creating a hole that needs to be filled. I say if its not broken dont fix it, and our line isnt broken.

I still hope they sign J.T. dude played out of position, played hurt and is a leader. What more do you want from a player.

Im really starting to question these off season moves.

The thing is it is broken, they were taking him out last year becuase of performance.

yea i agree some of the stuff they do doesnt make sense to me. for instance re signing fergusson. but then sparano said that mid way through the season last year he would have loves to have a NT of fergussons caliber coming in half way through the season and thats the reason. i would imagine you would keep smiley for the same reason but i guess they feel he is costing too much money as well as other things. who knows. gotta trust sparano of all people with O line though. i agree it seems to me clemons may have been a bust project but we shall find out. i really like Nate Allen. there are a few safeties out there who may be gotten in round 2 that could start. looks liek sparano also is looking forward to seeing what the WR's bring this offseason.. julius pruitt, pattrick turner ect ect. im sure some of our picks will be busts this year. but hopefully the important ones arent

Scott Long, come on doowwwwwwn.

As soon as I saw his combine numbers in the cone drill, I knew our team would target him. Don't be surprised if our team drafts him higher than expected, a la Hartline.

I see us doing fine without Smiley. We have 6 picks in rounds 6 and 7 and no doubt we will find a hidden gem who will start year two and maybe we get two.

On WR, its a crap shoot. Dont believe what you read too much. Many good WR's in this draft and headfaking going on.

On Safety, we will have plan A, B, and C there.

OLB we may get two in this draft.

But all you slobbering over Dez Bryant, I wouldnt put alot of money down on vegas. So another year of "We need to get a Playmaker!" crying will continue.

Our WR's are good, We just need to find someone to stretch the D and runs good routes like Golden Tate. If he is at 43 he is ours but Lafell maybe.

Back
Top Bottom