Baseball vs. Football | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baseball vs. Football

RWhitney014 said:
Baseball is a chess game, slowly developing over nine innings, a series, a season. Every move needs to be well-thought out but streaked with experience and brilliance.

Baseball is a technical masterpiece. Anyone can catch a football or tackle someone (sorry, guys, it's true), but most people can't hit a 95 mph fastball tailing in towards their hands as they swing or a 75 mph curveball that drops from nose to toes.
Please tell that to Koren Robinson.

pigskinguy said:
:shakeno: Probably the single dumbest thing I have EVER read on this board. (and believe me, I've read some pretty dumb things before). Obviously, you never played football at a level above Pop Warner. That sentence will have me shaking my head in disbelief tonight as I try to fall asleep.

Seriously.......play before you speak about that kinda stuff....I'll be shaking my head with you dude!

SF Dolphin Fan said:
There is no question that football is the ultimate team sport, which makes comparing players very difficult.

In baseball, for example, you can take Alex Rodriguez and put him on any team and he's still a hall of famer. Granted ARod in Colorado might hit 7-10 homeruns more a year, but basically he's going to put up great numbers wherever he goes.

In football, that's not the case. If Steve Young played his entire career in Tampa Bay he'd, most likely, be talked about as one of the biggest busts ever. In SF, he had the team around him and now is going to be elected into the hall of fame. I wonder what players like Steve Bartkowski might have achieved on a better team or Archie Manning.

I can only wonder what a rookie Dan Marino would have done for the 2004 Dolphins. Better than Feeley I'm sure, but I'm also pretty sure he would have struggled. Just something to think about as we try to find out whether or not Feeley can be the guy for this franchise.

Well, not only that but in baseball your only as good as your steriods.

Back
Top Bottom