BCS is shaping up.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS is shaping up....

OSUDauby said:
Exactly how would you "own" Quinn when Florida couldn't stop a weaker Aurburn QB and WR?
What game were you watching? The Florida defense held Auburn's offense to 4 FGs and 0 TDs. Our offense and special teams lost that game.

OSUDauby said:
I'm not saying that I would. But, the BCS says that they will give you the two best teams in the end in a match up. That's it!

We've never had this situation before in the BCS, so relax. It likely will not happen again any time soon. But we have to remember, BEFORE the BCS we rarely saw the two best teams in football square off in the end. The BCS brings that to the table and that is pretty cool.

I'd be willing to argue against that. It's failed a couple times. Not a lot, but a couple. And considering it hasn't had many opportunities to fail, that's a big knock.

UF Fin Kat said:
cox didn't do that great against UF....we lost that game on stupid mistakes.

Well, believe it or not...good players force you into those "stupid" mistakes. I have a hate for Notre Dame that burns brighter than the sun, but Brady Quinn is a special player and is not easily owned. I.E. - USC vs Notre Dame last year. UCLA Vs. Notre Dame this year. Stanford Vs. Notre Dame last year. ETC, ETC, ETC...

The kid is clutch with ice in his veins...you don't "own" Brady Quinn. You expect him to make the big plays and hope that you can make some bigger plays of your own.

OSUDauby said:
Well, believe it or not...good players force you into those "stupid" mistakes. I have a hate for Notre Dame that burns brighter than the sun, but Brady Quinn is a special player and is not easily owned. I.E. - USC vs Notre Dame last year. UCLA Vs. Notre Dame this year. Stanford Vs. Notre Dame last year. ETC, ETC, ETC...

The kid is clutch with ice in his veins...you don't "own" Brady Quinn. You expect him to make the big plays and hope that you can make some bigger plays of your own.
GOD. WHATEVER. it was SMACK TALK TO DS86. GOD. UGH.

Frisches13283 said:
I'd be willing to argue against that. It's failed a couple times. Not a lot, but a couple. And considering it hasn't had many opportunities to fail, that's a big knock.

When has it failed to do so?
And the LSU/Aurburn/USC game is not failing. You have 3 pretty equal teams. You have to pick two, you can't have three teams in the same game. One team that was left out was bound to be angry. Tough.

OSUDauby said:

Correct. But your previous post about Florida's defense is completely wrong. Thats the point she was making, the mistakes Florida made against Auburn were on offense and special teams. Cox is not a good Qb.

OSUDauby said:
When has it failed to do so?
And the LSU/Aurburn/USC game is not failing. You have 3 pretty equal teams. You have to pick two, you can't have three teams in the same game. One team that was left out was bound to be angry. Tough.

That was one game I was referring to, and I thought I recalled a year when I think it was Oklahoma went ahead of Oregon. But that might not have been the NC now that I think about it.

Motion said:
Correct. But your previous post about Florida's defense is completely wrong. Thats the point she was making, the mistakes Florida made against Auburn were on offense and special teams. Cox is not a good Qb.

I second that motion, Motion. :wink:

Motion said:

I realize that, but I was just saying that Quinn hasn't really ever been "owned" and he has faced better teams than Florida this year. I just haven't really seen a team "own" Quinn and don't think Florida could do so either. He's just good and that is basically all their is to it.

Frisches13283 said:
That was one game I was referring to, and I thought I recalled a year when I think it was Oklahoma went ahead of Oregon. But that might not have been the NC now that I think about it.

Yes that was a national championship game. But the BCS that year also took into consideration SOS into their equation. And that year, Oregon's SOS was something like 37 or maybe even higher. It's easy to see how a #2 team is so high when they play no one. IE- West Virginia 2006. :lol:

OSUDauby said:
I realize that, but I was just saying that Quinn hasn't really ever been "owned" and he has faced better teams than Florida this year. I just haven't really seen a team "own" Quinn and don't think Florida could do so either. He's just good and that is basically all their is to it.

I don't think Notre Dame has faced better teams than Florida yet this season(as a whole), but I do agree I've haven't seen a team "own" Quinn.

OSUDauby said:
Yes that was a national championship game. But the BCS that year also took into consideration SOS into their equation. And that year, Oregon's SOS was something like 37 or maybe even higher. It's easy to see how a #2 team is so high when they play no one. IE- West Virginia 2006. :lol:

That's why I said I could argue against the BCS, and why I didn't say the system was completely wrong.

Frisches13283 said:
That's why I said I could argue against the BCS, and why I didn't say the system was completely wrong.
Well, IMO the SOS and Quality Wins factors were the best part of the BCS and they got rid of both of those factors.

I think teams should be judged on their schedules. (SEC teams would benefit this season) And be rewarded for good wins. (Ohio State would be even further ahead with wins over Texas and Michigan in the future).

So in that sense the BCS is a little flawed. I liked it better in the past. But, it's better than a play off. Listen to Kirk Herbstreit, they should do the BCS and a +1 system. That is the answer.

Back
Top Bottom