BCS ranking 11/12 USC #3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS ranking 11/12 USC #3

Amars said:
Its not were you start its were you finish. Auburn was rank 3 before but they didnt deserve that spot hence their 2 losses. Rank 14 where they should be.

They put 50pts up on Arkansas. Still would of been a tough game for Ark to win.

You honestly think that the Arkansas team that USC beat is the same one thats playing now??!

:goof:Wow

Motion said:
You honestly think that the Arkansas team that USC beat is the same one thats playing now??!

:goof:Wow

Do you think the Florida team that struggle the last 2 weeks and should of lost against SC if not for false start penalty on the left guard shouldnt have fallen a spot. I guess it doesnt matter because they won just like USC did.

UF should like their chances of playing for the National championship because USC still has a tough schedule and winning the next 3 games are going to be tough. Cal, ND and UCLA is not going to be easy and I would be surprise if they win out.

Amars said:
Do you think the Florida team that struggle the last 2 weeks and should of lost against SC if not for false start penalty on the left guard shouldnt have fallen a spot. I guess it doesnt matter because they won just like USC did.

:rolleyes2 Did you even watch that game? False start penalty? Yeah I'm sure the 2 blocked FGs and 1 blocked PAT had nothing to do with it.

Fact is, up until now Florida has played a harder schedule that USC and their only loss was to a tough Auburn team on the road. USC was beaten by an unranked team, plain and simple.

Regardless, its pointless to argue over this stuff right now. We'll find out who is who in 3 weeks.

Motion said:
:sidelol: And USC has?

Besides, Strength of Schedule isn't part of the formula anymore. Its on the voters minds I'm sure but the actual numbers aren't there.

SOS isn't part of the formula. But they had Oregon, Cal, and ND left. They can pick up more points by beating higher rated teams than Florida can.

Florida only has Arkansas. USC can pick up points 3 times opposed to Florida's once

Motion said:
:rolleyes2 Did you even watch that game? False start penalty? Yeah I'm sure the 2 blocked FGs and 1 blocked PAT had nothing to do with it.

Fact is, up until now Florida has played a harder schedule that USC and their only loss was to a tough Auburn team on the road. USC was beaten by an unranked team, plain and simple.

Regardless, its pointless to argue over this stuff right now. We'll find out who is who in 3 weeks.

The false start with 1min left in the game when WR caught the ball at 5 was a huge call.

Amars said:
The false start with 1min left in the game when WR caught the ball at 5 was a huge call.
You do know what happens during a falsestart right? It's a dead ball, so that play shouldn't have even happened

usc:tantrum:

i hope they lose the rest of their games i hate them with a passion

It's funny to me how a team like USC gets praise, when their level of competition was weaker for the first part of the season.

USC should be penalized for losing to an unranked team. At least Florida lost in a close game, away from home, to a good team.

That's why the #3 spot should be Florida's for now. If USC won their next 3, they should jump UF. If UF then beat a top-tier Arkansas, it's within a hundredths or thousandths or a point.

MikeO said:
SOS isn't part of the formula. But they had Oregon, Cal, and ND left. They can pick up more points by beating higher rated teams than Florida can.

Florida only has Arkansas. USC can pick up points 3 times opposed to Florida's once

I realize this. What I don't get is what have they done so far to earn the #3 spot.

Wombat said:
Has anybody been checking for 9# Wisconsin?

Doesn't a team have to be in the top 6 to get an automatic bid?

Depends, there are 6 automatic conference bids and 4 at-large bids.

Wisconsin could be in line for one of the at-large bids. Their 1 loss is too Michigan.

Motion said:
I realize this. What I don't get is what have they done so far to earn the #3 spot.

Still alot of football to be played. Things can easily change next week.

Back
Top Bottom