BEAT UDFA WR STEAL JASPER COLLINS OR Chad Bumphis, WR ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BEAT UDFA WR STEAL JASPER COLLINS OR Chad Bumphis, WR ?

When you are as produtive of a player in the SEC as Bumphis was, you have a shot in the NFL.

I do not understand why Bumphis was not drafted

Very inconsistent hands. Also he's a speed guy on the field but when you break it down he's not that fast.

Still, I like him as a UDFA flier. I'd have targeted him if I couldn't get Mark Harrison, Sam McGuffie, Conner Vernon or Zach Rogers.

CK would you take Davon Wylie over any of this years undrafted receivers?

My initial instinct was to say "absolutely!" but I just realized you meant ANY of this year's undrafted receivers and that means Mark Harrison enters the frame.

That's a tough one.

I would probably take Wylie over Harrison, but it would be close. I would take Devon Wylie over Sam McGuffie because even though I like McGuffie a lot, he's basically a less-polished receiver version of Devon Wylie. Taking Wylie over Conner Vernon and Zach Rogers would be a little bit of an easier decision.

But Wylie versus Harrison would be a call that would keep me up at nights. Maybe they both suck though. Who knows?

bumphis...he should be the guy...collins is earmarked for the p squad...

bumphis and thigpen can replace bess in the slot...when bess went down thiggy got a lot of run there...

I have watched Thigpen for many years. I saw him regularly at Indiana after he came out of high school in Detroit. (Normally Indiana lands Detroit prep stars only if Michigan and MSU pass on him). He was always excellent at returning kicks and if I recall correctly used his blazing speed at running back in the base offense and not split out. I don't recall him in the slot at all. Now, since then he played in Canada for multiple years and played in Miami for a year. Historically, I have never seen the route running ability, awareness, or instincts at all in the slot.

Now, with our good coaches, Miami put him in the slot and I think he made a couple of plays last year but I don't think it was anything at all due to his routes. I think he was schemed to make the plays. Hopefully, he can radically improve his awareness in the slot because he does have great long speed and really good quickness. He can be a weapon. If he never figures out how to win his one-on-one battles and get separation with his routes though, I think you need someone else in the slot you can find on 3rd down comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom