Belichick Pulls Brady, Starters Before 2min. Warning. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Belichick Pulls Brady, Starters Before 2min. Warning.

Iroquois Joe

Starter
Reaction score
He sure wasn't reluctant keeping in his starters and running up the score till the last seconds of the 4th quarter when he already had a blow out win under his belt not long ago.

Unless the playoffs are gauranteed and they don't want to risk injury, most coaches keep their 1st team on and play hard till the end. With just under 5 minutes, a great comeback victory isn't likely, but it aint over till it's over and there are examples in the record books.

So what's the deal. Was he afraid Payton would run up the score like his classless backside would at the end and it wouldn't count if had his scrubs on the field?

Belichick is a weird classless cheater so he'll do anything -- but yea, if any team deserves to be blown off the field and have the score run up on them its the Patsies. What a fraud franchise...

He knew his team was beaten and wasn't going to come back. Even if the Patriots scored, his defense was not going to stop Brees.

Funny that people actually thought this game was going to be close, some even thought the Patriots were going to win. Guess anything is possible.The Bills beating the Dolphins. Cheifs beating the Steelers etc. upsets do happen

However in a huge game like this the better team playing at home is going to win more than not.

He did put Hoyer in against Tennessee in the 3rd quarter.

But he's still a d-bag.

Funny thing is every time his team loses Belichek looks like he's about to cry during the press conference. I know coaches and players are not going to be happy when they lose, but this guy actually looks like he's about to lose it and start weeping in front of the camera.

The thing about Dynasties is that decline is inevitable. I expect, (slowly) that the Pats stranglehold on the division will loosen over the next couple years. Sometimes one team is dominant for so long that it seems like they will win forever, but much like the 49ers of the 80's and the Cowboys of the 90's it will happen.
This is when we will see what the Pats "fanbase" is made of. As obnoxious as they can be, Jets and Bills fans are much like us in the fact that they've suffered through the bad times and they are genuine in their support for their team.
All you have to do is compare the numbers on a Patriots forum or networking page to those of any other team in the AFC East and you'll see that they are incredibly lopsided in New England's favor. Compare this to ten years ago when no one outside of Boston gave a damn about that team and I contend that a large portion of their fan base is comprised of frontrunners. Not all, they have their devoted fans as well, but a large percentage.
This game against the Saints tonight has put all of the band wagon people on notice. Your "team" may go deep into the playoffs this year, they may not, but slowly and surely teams like The Saints are starting to pass them by. You're not the alpha dog anymore and it'll be interesting to see how many jump off of the wagon once they realize that a Super Bowl isn't guaranteed anymore.

All you have to do is compare the numbers on a Patriots forum or networking page to those of any other team in the AFC East and you'll see that they are incredibly lopsided in New England's favor. Compare this to ten years ago when no one outside of Boston gave a damn about that team and I contend that a large portion of their fan base is comprised of frontrunners. Not all, they have their devoted fans as well, but a large percentage.

Are you serious???? :lol2: Have you ever been to the Patriot's Planet web site? They don't have anywhere close to the amount of fans that Finheaven has, nor the amount of posts that FH has. They also only have maybe 5-10 forum posts in the forum main page on any given day that have anything to do with football. There is no comparison when discussing any Pat's fan forum page to FH in terms of the amount of posts or the type of analysis you get of these two teams.

Are you serious???? :lol2: Have you ever been to the Patriot's Planet web site? They don't have anywhere close to the amount of fans that Finheaven has, nor the amount of posts that FH has. They also only have maybe 5-10 forum posts in the forum main page on any given day that have anything to do with football. There is no comparison when discussing any Pat's fan forum page to FH in terms of the amount of posts or the type of analysis you get of these two teams.
This is true. There's an article out there that lists all the message boards in terms of amounts of members and posts. Finheaven is 2nd among all football message boards with ExtremeSkins number 1. That being said, he does have a valid point. A lot of the Patriots fanbase is bandwagoners. A lot of the Steelers and Colts fanbase is bandwagoners. Hell, when we won the division last year, I certainly noticed a ton of new posters signing up. Bandwagoners? it is what it is. When a team is winning, people hop aboard the bandwagon.

The fans are one thing, pulling your teams best players when the game looks like it's out of reach with 5 mins left is another.

Whats the message here, we don' like the way things are going so we pick up are marbles and leave? Above the game maybe, with an elitest attitude, when it does't go our way we quit, when it does we rub your noses in it and Brady throws tds till the final second?

Maybe the egos are just too fragile to endure that last few minutes of giving it 100% to a seemingly lost cause.

Whatever it is, teams take on the personality of the coach. Like the non-handshake after the SB loss to the Giants. He left the field early on that one too. Like he's above convention. Then again, it must be difficult comming back down to earth after being the supermen for so long.

Colts comeback looked real good too, wonder if he would have folded up early on that one if they were down a couple tds late in the 4th, you can bet Manning wouldn't.

He didn't want the score run up on his team like he always does to opponents.

As of right now the official Miami Dolphins facebook has 148 thousand and some odd members, the Patriots page has 188 thousand and some odd members. Not quite as lopsided as I originally conveyed but the point is the same: would you have even imagined ten years ago that anybody outside of Boston would even care about that team?
Now whether you consider facebook a reliable indicator of such matters isn't really the point because the point I'm trying to make here is that there is no way the Patriots fan base should be rivaling ours in any way shape or form. All I'm saying is the Super Bowls from this past decade have led to a padding of their fan base by bandwagoners. We'll see if those people drop their silver and blue jerseys for black and gold now lol.

Yup. Everyone get your best shots in. A lot of fun to pile it on when we lose. :chuckle:

Anyway, we got our *** kicked. Saints gave us an old school beat-down. One hell of a team. I think they are going to go deep or all the way, barring significant injuries. Props to New Orleans. :up:

I think we can all close the door on an team in the AFC East making a dent this year. I can't see anything other than a monster Super Bowl between Indy and New Orleans.

The thing about Dynasties is that decline is inevitable. I expect, (slowly) that the Pats stranglehold on the division will loosen over the next couple years. Sometimes one team is dominant for so long that it seems like they will win forever, but much like the 49ers of the 80's and the Cowboys of the 90's it will happen.
This is when we will see what the Pats "fanbase" is made of. As obnoxious as they can be, Jets and Bills fans are much like us in the fact that they've suffered through the bad times and they are genuine in their support for their team.
This game against the Saints tonight has put all of the band wagon people on notice. Your "team" may go deep into the playoffs this year, they may not, but slowly and surely teams like The Saints are starting to pass them by. You're not the alpha dog anymore and it'll be interesting to see how many jump off of the wagon once they realize that a Super Bowl isn't guaranteed anymore.

A nickname i use to call NE was the New England Bandwagoners because i truely believe 50% of the fans are only fans cause they are winning this decade and 25% are just Tom Brady fans. Ask any NE girl fan why they are NE fans and i bet 9 times of 10 it is because of Brady. God i hate Brady how can you not be good with all those weapons.

When a team wins three superbowls in the space of a couple of seasons, people are bound to jump onto the bandwagon. It happens in all sports. Success is attractive, especially to those who have a fleeting interest in a sport.

True fans will stick around during the bad times, a large percentage wont, but will come back when things turn bright again. It's sad, but you can really only take care of your interest.

Yup. Everyone get your best shots in. A lot of fun to pile it on when we lose. :chuckle:

Anyway, we got our *** kicked. Saints gave us an old school beat-down. One hell of a team. I think they are going to go deep or all the way, barring significant injuries. Props to New Orleans. :up:

I think we can all close the door on an team in the AFC East making a dent this year. I can't see anything other than a monster Super Bowl between Indy and New Orleans.
I agree. The AFC East looks stale this year. Though I think Vikings are better than the saints however.

Back
Top Bottom