Benching Henne is the wrong move. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benching Henne is the wrong move.

which is a more telling stat with all of the INTs. I hate passer ratings since you can shoot your score with accuracy no matter how long of a pass it is but TOs will show up.

I support Pennington, Henne sucks. The fact that the coaching staff is using Pennington to try and save their *** isn't relevant. It's only relevant if the FO extends their time here because they're too dumb to realize if the Dolphins make the playoffs, Pennington rallied the team and pulled a miracle in an offense suited directly for him.

Now, i know a lot of fans want to use the OC as a skapegoat for Henne, but, the sad truth is that Henne is not NFL starting material at the moment. He still stares down receivers. He has happy feet, but no pocket awareness. His accuracy is sporatic. Just imagine if we didn't have one of the best pass protection units. He'd be grounded more than Jay Cutler.

It's the wrong move if you want to see Sparano and Ireland fired.

On the other hand, if this Pennington experiment doesn't work, they'll get fired too.

I support Pennington, Henne sucks. The fact that the coaching staff is using Pennington to try and save their *** isn't relevant. It's only relevant if the FO extends their time here because they're too dumb to realize if the Dolphins make the playoffs, Pennington rallied the team and pulled a miracle in an offense suited directly for him.

Now, i know a lot of fans want to use the OC as a skapegoat for Henne, but, the sad truth is that Henne is not NFL starting material at the moment. He still stares down receivers. He has happy feet, but no pocket awareness. His accuracy is sporatic. Just imagine if we didn't have one of the best pass protection units. He'd be grounded more than Jay Cutler.

again people do not understand what henne is looking at.with the protection called. which equals 3 wrs against 7 defenders.one wr is always a decoy.bm is covered by 2 -3 each time.bess and hartline each run 7 to 12 yards routes.the te my mom can cover he is so slow. if he is in the mix.so you have 2 wr route reads and thats it.he better stare them down,because he has a fraction of a second to make a throw in tight coverage.plus dont forget if the play called sucks and plays right into the defense.henne can not check out to make a better throw or route to help the wr.the only reason ronnie caught pass's last week,was rice was making plays and doing it first.we havent thrown to him all year.penny will get the wr's hurt.plus you will see the backs getting it alot more.

If benching Henne is wrong, then this game should be a game of "chance", where it doesn't matter what happens....

If not for our Defense, Hennne would be 0-8...

But, but if, but if, Henne had a Hall of Fame Fullback, and if Henne had a Hall of Fame Defensive line, and if Henne this, and Henne that....?

Simply put, Henne is not that good...., just average!!!, Look at Flaaco and Maty Ice and now Colt McCoy.

Unfortunately, Henne was a bust....

d-1

Voice of reason says..................Henne is exactly what he was when we drafted him. Not the next Marino or Montana or Manning or fill in the blank, but he was supposed to be solid. He is. Solid qbs have won many a superbowl in the last 20 years. He IS that guy. If given the right OC and head coach he is playoff bound. Write it down. Henne is not the problem. The fact he was benched is indicative of the real problem............the people who make the decisions.

If benching Henne is wrong, then this game should be a game of "chance", where it doesn't matter what happens....

But, but if, but if, Henne had a Hall of Fame Fullback, and if Henne had a Hall of Fame Defensive line, and if Henne this, and Henne that....?

Simply put, Henne is not that good...., just average!!!, Look at Flaaco and Maty Ice and now Colt McCoy.

d-1

This is silly, but...okay, I'll play.

LET'S look at Matty Ice and Flacco.

Last year...in his second year as a starter, Flacco played three games in a row against playoff teams. The Ravens lost two of those games. A huge chunk of those losses? Flacco threw 2 TDs and 5 interceptions. Did he get benched? No. He went on to have a heck of a season. You can do the same thing for Matty Ice from weeks 5-7, except his stats were a little better, (5TD/7Int). Falcons lost two of those three.

I'll actually discuss Colt McCoy (who I love, by the way) when his career totals are more than 1TD, 2 INT.

It's still waaaaay too early to call Henne a bust, and this move was questionable, at best. Now, the FO clearly knows football better than I do, and they clearly don't like what they see in Henne, but I don't know that this move makes any sense. I hope the Fins win under Penny, but where does taking this road lead? Maybe a wild-card berth and a first-round playoff exit...AGAIN, at best? I'd rather invest in the development of Henne at least until the end of this year.

At least give the kid a legit shot, sheesh.

Voice of reason says..................Henne is exactly what he was when we drafted him. Not the next Marino or Montana or Manning or fill in the blank, but he was supposed to be solid. He is. Solid qbs have won many a superbowl in the last 20 years. He IS that guy. If given the right OC and head coach he is playoff bound. Write it down. Henne is not the problem. The fact he was benched is indicative of the real problem............the people who make the decisions.

He was benched because there was another QB on the roster that the coaches felt would play better. If we had not resigned Pennington, and went with (god forbid) Thigpen and White as #2 and #3, I doubt Henne would have been benched, as it would be hard to think that Thigpen would somehow play better with less mistakes.

d-1

Thatpart right there just invalidated everything you just said. It just uncovered you are nothing more that a guy with a prejudice towards a Dolphins player. Pathetic

again people do not understand what henne is looking at.with the protection called. which equals 3 wrs against 7 defenders.one wr is always a decoy.bm is covered by 2 -3 each time.bess and hartline each run 7 to 12 yards routes.the te my mom can cover he is so slow. if he is in the mix.so you have 2 wr route reads and thats it.he better stare them down,because he has a fraction of a second to make a throw in tight coverage.plus dont forget if the play called sucks and plays right into the defense.henne can not check out to make a better throw or route to help the wr.the only reason ronnie caught pass's last week,was rice was making plays and doing it first.we havent thrown to him all year.penny will get the wr's hurt.plus you will see the backs getting it alot more.

I understand that this offense isn't suited for Henne as I said, but explain to me how Chad P has more success running it? Well the answer is simple, he's a better QB for this type of offense. Therefore, he gives us the better chance to win games, this year. Until this stubborn coaching staff is FIRED.

I understand that this offense isn't suited for Henne as I said, but explain to me how Chad P has more success running it? Well the answer is simple, he's a better QB for this type of offense. Therefore, he gives us the better chance to win games, this year. Until this stubborn coaching staff is FIRED.

This is a much more objective and sensible assessment of Henne that your last (He sucks). Also, what will you say if/when Penny and the offense struggle againt the Titans??

I'd rather see Thigpen if we are taking out Henne.

There was a reason why Pennington wasn't starting. If we are going backwards now, at least we should do it right.

And if everyone agrees the FO has some major issues and should be on the way out the door, why would you support this boneheaded move?

Back
Top Bottom