Benny Sapp released!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benny Sapp released!!!

how is it a bad trade??? camarillo can't even see the field in minny other than on kick coverage teams and thats even without sidney rice there...

Camarillo may not getting playing time in Minn, but I believe he would have beaten out Hartline here, based on pure reliability. The regime was not interested in giving him a fair shot because they inherited him from Cameron.

so we get owned by the best slot wr in football and we cut our nickle cb as a result...sounds like bennys been made the sacrificial lamb if you ask me for scheme and personnel deficiencies...wes welker makes just about every nickle cb who doesn't get much help look like trash and in watching this game over we had sapp play an awful lot of off man coverage allowing welker any release he wanted which is not as i've said since the damn cows came home a strength of sapps game...he doesn't possess enough quick acceleration to play a high end off man technique...benny sapp is a press man corner jam the guy at the los and ride him to the 5 yard chuck zone...not play off man and then trail...****...why nolan continuously tries to make him play to his weaknesses is beyond me...the other thing i'm noticing is in the past the patriots have had welker run a lot of short and underneath quick routes probably cause the protection hasn't held up and bradys had to get the ball out quick...well not vs us yesterday...he was running long developing vertical routes a plenty and i'm sorry but benny sapp can't stay with wes welker that long...the pass rush errrrr lack of pass rush killed us last night

you can put just about any nickle cb in football out there if brady has that much time and welker has that long to come free its gonna happen...

Totally agree. To me that play (and basically that game) was all on Mike Nolan. Why call the desperation blitz leaving Sapp all by himself on Welker when its still a one-score game and plenty of time left? There aren't many corners in the league I would trust with that responsibility, and certainly not Benny Sapp. The Uggs spokesmodel will laugh his way to the endzone every time on that kind of matchup.

The coach is who needs to be replaced, bs they let a player go on a night when this team was clearly unprepared to play a NFL game. The coaching was horrible and it was against a division team that we have plenty of film on. To come out and totally suck like miami did should be unacceptable to the owner. On another note Chad played okay but he has got to learn how to put the ball up so his WR can make a play on it at the goal line. Also why did they resign LJ if they were not going to play him, this coaching staff is totally clueless if they think RB can run between the tackles and he will be hurt by game three if they continue to play him the way they are. I've be a fin fan since 1970 and the past 20 yrs have been the absolute worst. PLEASE GET RID OF THE CURRENT REGIME!!!!!

Benny Sapps Dolphin highlight reel should have that 99 yarder to Welker on it...what a weak *** attempt to tackle him, he got punked by little Welker not to mention was out of position on the play...GOOD RIDANCE Benny!

Totally agree. To me that play (and basically that game) was all on Mike Nolan. Why call the desperation blitz leaving Sapp all by himself on Welker when its still a one-score game and plenty of time left? There aren't many corners in the league I would trust with that responsibility, and certainly not Benny Sapp. The Uggs spokesmodel will laugh his way to the endzone every time on that kind of matchup.

this isnt on nolan. he dialed up pressure with 6 guys, and at the goalline in that spot they needed to make a play. the problem was brady brought in the extra tight end to block 6 vs 6 and the extra man covering the tight end stayed in space (rashad jones) and didnt add pressure. so we didnt have numbers at the line....then jones made a feeble attempt to jump a route and didnt give help over the top then took a terrible angle to the ball.

what nolan did was perhaps predictable yes. but the players blew that play. now i do blame nolan for coming up with a game plan that was so easy to decipher by brady. all the guy had to do was send his tight end in motion and he knew on every single play if it was man or zone and where he had his matchups. thats unacceptable with an entire offseason to figure out how to beat those 2 tes. what they came up with was a joke. both by the front office with bodies and the staff with the gameplan. complete failure

The coach is who needs to be replaced, bs they let a player go on a night when this team was clearly unprepared to play a NFL game. The coaching was horrible and it was against a division team that we have plenty of film on. To come out and totally suck like miami did should be unacceptable to the owner. On another note Chad played okay but he has got to learn how to put the ball up so his WR can make a play on it at the goal line. Also why did they resign LJ if they were not going to play him, this coaching staff is totally clueless if they think RB can run between the tackles and he will be hurt by game three if they continue to play him the way they are. I've be a fin fan since 1970 and the past 20 yrs have been the absolute worst. PLEASE GET RID OF THE CURRENT REGIME!!!!!

dont worry they are already gone. no chance they survive this year. ross is too impatient. the stadiums gonna be empty this year. the schedule at the beginning is BRUTAL. they start out 1-3 and the noise is gonna get really really loud. and the teams already heard sparanos bs about hanging in there etc. theyve heard it 2 years in a row after bad starts. it falls on deaf ears again this year just like it clearly did at the end of last year when this team gave up. nothing has changed that. sparano tried to change, but hes too late. hes 3 years too late. he should have been coaching to win 3 years ago. sparano hope u enjoyed the only head coaching gig youll ever get gl buddy

Good. Was never a fan of Benny's. Don't like the way this was handled though. Why does he have the job in the first place if he's cut after week one. Where the hell is the evaluation and foresight by our coaching staff.

Reggie Howard was the worst DB in Phins history. Or at least since I have been watching so back to '89 or so.

Back
Top Bottom