Bentley unlikey to get franchised | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bentley unlikey to get franchised

NO. not with the looming cba problem and our potential for about 3-5 million less of cap room. we can address guard in the draft if we really want to and be successful right away: like Logan Mankins of NE last year... ideas- Max Jean Gilles or Lutua of USC. Maybe Im wrong, but I dont think we sign him at that price. If we can get him at a more friendly number, then maybe.

He won't get 6 million. Maybe 4.5 mil at most. The guy is a mauler and flat out play and his best years are ahead of him. He is a serious smash mouth football player and if he would play for less we should consider him.

There are going to be 30 other teams interested in him. Why would he come to the Dolphins at a discount?

I'd much rather my team spend 6 million on a top center than the market value of Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Drew Brees, Kerry Collins, or most other skill players.

IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT !!!!

Always remember, it starts up front. Better lineman make better QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs. The entire offense benefits from a good/great OLine.

We've missed in the past on OLineman and look at our equivalent offensive production AND stars. Now look at the teams that have great RBs, TEs, QBs and WRs. See something they have we don't? OLine.

I don't believe in overpaying now. We have a staff and a mindset that will naturally turn 50/50 chances into signings. Before, we couldn't say that. So, for the right price, I say yes... let's get the guy.

i dont think centers usually warrant that amount of money? or am i wrong?

I would love to see this kid in a fins uniform. I know it´s not what makes an offensive lineman great but if I´m not mistaken he is the strongest man or one of the strongest in the NFL (benched 225 about 42 times)

We could always sign him to a lucrative 4-year contract, draft a center late this year, and trade Bentley if the rookie works out. Good players give you many more options

Haournyie said:
I would love to see this kid in a fins uniform. I know it´s not what makes an offensive lineman great but if I´m not mistaken he is the strongest man or one of the strongest in the NFL (benched 225 about 42 times)

Yeah those are crazy numbers...I watched larry allan at the pro-bowl put up like 47 or something... all the others couldn't even get past 35.

Haournyie said:

I think your talking about Larry Allen. LeCharles got it up around 35 if im not mistaken, in the skills challenge at the pro bowl this year.

if we manage to get Bentley and Brees than we are definitely a playoff team

Center is a key position for any team if we want to be a potental SB team we need a dominating Oline. I say spend the money get him in a fins uni.

Back
Top Bottom