Bentley unlikey to get franchised | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bentley unlikey to get franchised

6 million a year for a center? :lol: I dont think so.

Hadnot did a good job at Center and he is still under his rookie contract. If we are going to spend 6 million on an Olineman, it better be a LT.

Dont forget about Hadnot, he can play C and RG. I would love to bring in Bentley, but nowhere near that pricetag. Also, Im a firm believer that Hudson can coach a great Oline by avoiding the top tier Olineman.

spend the money - remember when we had dwight stephenson??? center is a critical position that is too often overlooked. adding bentley, along with drafting a top LT, gives us the potential for an awesome offensive line. instead of asking houck to make chicken salad out of chicken s**t, why don't we give him some talent to work with? the OL in kansas city made priest holmes all-world, and it looks like it will make larry johnson all-universe. to have a line like that.......imagine what brown (and company) would do for you?

csabe said:
He won't get 6 million. Maybe 4.5 mil at most. The guy is a mauler and flat out play and his best years are ahead of him. He is a serious smash mouth football player and if he would play for less we should consider him.

Totally agree.....if we could get him around 4-4.5 mil I would beg Saban to pick up this beast, he is just the type of player that we need . But at 6 mil....maybe a bit rich for Saban's liking.

I don't think he'll ask for THAT much, but he will want some cash that's for sure. I think if we are smart about the way we do our numbers, we can get him and Brees.. wishful thinking maybe, but i'm convinced that Saban is capable of anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Saban opened up Miami's wallet and paid Bentley a nice chunk of money to come to Miami. Bentley is just the player that Saban LOVES to have on his team.

Bentley is not only an extremely skilled lineman, he is an absolute mauler and brawler. He has such a nasty mean streak. He doesn't just look to block somebody, he looks to beat them up and punish them.

And Saban has said repeatedly that he wants to build an extremely physical and punishing team that opponents would rather not play. Saban is a true believer is physically intimidating the other team. Bentley is exactly that player.

Hudson Houck is a great coach when it comes to teaching techniques and game preparation, but even he can't coach someone to be a bloodthirsty maniac on the field. Bentley is the real deal, the total package - young, healthy, skilled, and he comes with a serious mean streak.

He actually knocked out Channing Crowder when Miami played the Saints last season. Now that's a guy I want on my team!

Bentley is a beast. He would do wonders for our o-line. What a pick-up he would be.

Back
Top Bottom